South African Police Service

South African Police Service Culture reviews

Clear

Found 302 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,503 reviews

productive

people will want to certify without original documents. I have learned how the SAPS operates. the management in most cases is not fair to other employees. the culture's very diverse. the hardest part was dealing with the prisoners when you give them food and cosmetics on a daily basis. the most enjoyable part was gaining experience and making family out of the colleagues that I worked with.

A typical day at work was never the same as the day before. I learned how to work with people and problem solving and management was supportive to an extent. The culture was different as I worked with people of colour. The hardest part of the job was relaying messages of a loved one that has passed on. The most enjoyable part. Catching a criminal.

Pros

13th cheque

Cons

Public dissatisfaction.

Productive rating is poor

Members stay more than ten years to qualify for a promotions.Working in the Saps its a great opportunity but its only management level who are reluctant to motivate members who have passion.

You have to be formal/professional in order to render services. The culture is very different from other organizations in its combat environment. You get along with the traumatize cases and dedication of your work but lots of debriefing and care of the caregivers.Manage to run projects such as organizing teambuilding and training/workshops for the members.communication skills as presentation and Health awareness are a concern.The hardest is standby which you must be alert at any time of the night or early hours of the morning that you must go and attend the incident but it is only once per month.

Challenges and problem solving skills, unsafe

Open-minded individuals who loves challenges and performance under pressure, from both colleagues and public. Not recommended for first time job applications.

Ive been working innthe SAPS from 2011, the working environment and culture is very welcoming and easier to learn the work. It is work where almost everything is regulated by National Instructions and Standing Orders. This makes work easy as you can always refer if there is any uncertainty about anything. Uniformity and discipline are regularly emphasised

It is nice to work for saps as a cleaner/handyman on cleaner sallery level 2 for 9 years but .. they where it comes by promotion it never happens

it's always fun at work. I learned in the police you can't trust anyone.Management should be more strict.The hardest part of my job is that I must always do the person's work that started a few months ago , and I'm nine years in this service .Best part of my job is that I always get a compliment that I did the job very good. Workplace culture we are like a family.

Cons

Excellent job satisfaction. Internal growth. Excellent benifits. Team work.

I worked 23 years at the SA police service.The internal growth system is excellent and very good salary and benefits.It's a exciting career where you can have multiple career opportunities. It's a very good team culture.

Pros

Great benefits medical

I learned a lot and had such great mentor

I had an amazing experience at Saps I learned so much and I never thought I would get such a great experience. It was very challenging especially during audits however my Mentor was always teaching me everything I needed to know. The audit team I was working with was the best ever, we worked well as a team and they definitely welcomed me and treated as part of the team

Pros

Traveling

Cons

We had to work in shifts due to Covid

Good company to work for job security and growth

The work culture was great, able to work only monday to friday some weekends only if necessary. Dont work on holidays you get leave days even if you are an intern.

Pros

Monday to friday

Cons

Sometimes have to leave late due to unfinished tasks

Productive workplace

Excellent working environment, welcoming and you end up building a family bond with the colleagues.Awesome job security, moderate job incentives and fun!

Pros

No work during weekends.

Cons

No closing during festive season

A typical day at work was always unsure as things would change rapidly from day to day. The hardest part of the job was that you would not always know where you stand in job description.

productive and fun workplace

the workplace is an organised organisation where everyone works as a team and loyalty and dedication to our duties are important to ensure that the functioning of the organisation flows smoothly. i loved my job and the people i worked with. i have even applied for re-enlistment as i desire to give back my vast knowledge, skills and experience to enhance service delivery in the organisation.

Investigation

I Started to learn the culture of the organisation from clients service centre, attending complaints,crime prevention duties until I became a Detective. For the community of the Republic Of South Africa ,As member of the organisation You Have to Sacrifice by going an Extra Mile to help the community.

Not bad

Its a wonderful working environment,disciplined i enjoyed working at saps,arresting perpetrators,and i always managed time and set targets effectively.

A very unique, challenging,the busiest and the biggest Police station in FS

For me as a commander a typical day at work was always the same.In that it was very busy on a daily basis. I learned a lot of things, to be able to control my temper,to comply and complain later, gain more skiil on self and other people management, problem solving skill improved, improved decision making, improved on communication skill, discipline and self discipline and learned to have a thick skin. The Police management is one of the best in the public service. In the Police,time management, discipline,service delivery and performance are the culture. The hardest part of my job was that as Detective Commander I had very little time for myself or for my family. I enjoyed competing with other big detective branches in terms of the performance.

It has been a good experience

This company need someone who is physically and mentally strong, it's job is demanding but very enjoyable when you put your mind to it. I enjoy the team effort and I get motivated by people who are hard working

Its challenging, i have worked in different departments and gain experience in office and administration field

Service delevery , work load team building is very important, you share and learn from your team mates, challenges of diversity and service delivery to customers.

Patience

I expected more challenge as I was from construction site, but my mentor did a great job, supportive and encouraging. I maintain high quality in my work

productive and fun

I have learned to be independent and to build my own image through the job I do. I have learned to always be alert and responsible not to make mistakes . the culture is amazing and the management is great. the hardest part of the job is dealing with cash. I enjoy. making monthly reviews

I learn a lot from saps came across different people.

Hi a dsys its depends onthe mood. I have learn leaderships skills and how important is customer care. Management was tougher and ok Culture is strict as they had to practise .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Police Service. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• South African Police Service