South African Post Office
View all South African Post Office reviews

South African Post Office

South African Post Office Employee Review

Fun Day

Enjoyable day at work Learned Numerical, Money Laundry, Financial Sanctions, Customer Service, Telephone Ettiques, Conflict Handling e.t.c Good management in place, worked as as team Culture Customer Orientated the hardest part talent not recognised

Pros

New lessons learned

Cons

Talent not recognised

3,0Work/Life Balance
1,0Salary/Benefits
1,0Job Security/Advancement
2,0Management
2,0Culture

Structured Workplace

I was assigned to conduct a survey on Absenteeism and HIV/AIDS in the Mail Depot/Centre and the Bloemfontein Post Office. The supervisors of the said sections were interviewed with the objective of conducting a survey regarding absenteeism in their work units and their view on HIV/AIDS in the workplace. In the report thereof I, as the author, reviewed the theory or background regarding the concepts of absenteeism and HIV and AIDS in the workplace and their effects/impact in the workplace, to the employees, the management and the organisation applying the literature review to the survey at hand and the outcomes thereof, also making recommendations to the Labour Relations Unit, for further discussion with the next line of management for review and possible implementation for the region. This was an attempt to survey the situation in the two identified sections or business units and to assess the need or possibility of conducting a survey in other sections of the organisation, involving employees at all levels, offices and areas.

Pros

Structured Workplace

Cons

Employee Wellness Challenges
Same location

long working hours ( saturday)

Working environment was not conducive, very unproductive Poor management style Mail been delayed unnecessary Mail not delivered as per company slogan.

Pros

Cons

long hours on saturday
Same location

It is important to deal with the given task immediately is given to you rather than to wait because at the end of the day you end up not knowing where to start and where to end. To make my job first priority in life, always when I dont understand I ask cause maistakes cause company to lose money as we know office resources are expensive , working as a team helps a lot.

Pros

Free lunc

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Post Office. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8