South African Post Office
3,8 out of 5 stars.
View all South African Post Office reviews

South African Post Office

South African Post Office Employee Review

Started with my duties each day. I really learned a lot in the time working for the SA Post Office, that is where I picked up all my experience. Management was really great and the door was always open for new opportunities. Got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job, was to say no when I was asked to assist someone while my work itself was under pressure. I loved my work, because to be a personal assistant was really my dream since I was little. All the experience I got from my work, can never be taken away from me.

Pros

Fringe benefits, balance between social life and work.

Cons

Really learned to work under pressure, but made me as stronger and wise person

5,0Work/Life Balance
5,0Salary/Benefits
5,0Job Security/Advancement
5,0Management
5,0Culture

Same role

Productive day

End of the month are worst days of the days as you complile Financial report, you have to submit Casual hours to the head office for them to capture and pay the salaries, it is quiet a lot as you really have to be accurate as the casual employees depend on you to get a salary at the end of the month. I have learnt alot of things about myself the abilities i have in me that i did not know about the fact that i can work well under pressure, i am a self starter and the fact that i organize events very well. I am part of the management team and because of my Transport Diploma i form part of the operation planning team for transport section that enables me to explore exactly what an transport operation is all about.I would really say i enjoyed this job when i started it but have realised that i am more of an operation person than admin and i think it is because i am always looking for a challenge. I work well in group and with people, I enjoy interaction and the sharing of Ideas. i do not believe that there is something hard but if there are difficulties it just calls for one to go back to the drawing board and come up with and concur. I enjoy assisting people in with their issues, it brings peace to my heart.

Pros

Travelling

Cons

No new Challenges.
Same role

Excellent Company to work for.

Excellent benefits, stable and very secure company to work. I regret leaving the Post Office. I would definitely recommend anybody to work for the South African Post Office and if given an opportunity I would gladly run back.
Same location

Structured Workplace

I was assigned to conduct a survey on Absenteeism and HIV/AIDS in the Mail Depot/Centre and the Bloemfontein Post Office. The supervisors of the said sections were interviewed with the objective of conducting a survey regarding absenteeism in their work units and their view on HIV/AIDS in the workplace. In the report thereof I, as the author, reviewed the theory or background regarding the concepts of absenteeism and HIV and AIDS in the workplace and their effects/impact in the workplace, to the employees, the management and the organisation applying the literature review to the survey at hand and the outcomes thereof, also making recommendations to the Labour Relations Unit, for further discussion with the next line of management for review and possible implementation for the region. This was an attempt to survey the situation in the two identified sections or business units and to assess the need or possibility of conducting a survey in other sections of the organisation, involving employees at all levels, offices and areas.

Pros

Structured Workplace

Cons

Employee Wellness Challenges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Post Office. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8

3,7Work/Life Balance
3,5Salary/Benefits
3,5Job Security/Advancement
3,5Management
3,6Culture
  • South African Post Office
  • Loved every second of my day. Had to relocate to Johannesburg, that is why I had to leave the Company.