South African Post Office
View all South African Post Office reviews

South African Post Office

South African Post Office Employee Review

Productive day

End of the month are worst days of the days as you complile Financial report, you have to submit Casual hours to the head office for them to capture and pay the salaries, it is quiet a lot as you really have to be accurate as the casual employees depend on you to get a salary at the end of the month. I have learnt alot of things about myself the abilities i have in me that i did not know about the fact that i can work well under pressure, i am a self starter and the fact that i organize events very well. I am part of the management team and because of my Transport Diploma i form part of the operation planning team for transport section that enables me to explore exactly what an transport operation is all about.I would really say i enjoyed this job when i started it but have realised that i am more of an operation person than admin and i think it is because i am always looking for a challenge. I work well in group and with people, I enjoy interaction and the sharing of Ideas. i do not believe that there is something hard but if there are difficulties it just calls for one to go back to the drawing board and come up with and concur. I enjoy assisting people in with their issues, it brings peace to my heart.

Pros

Travelling

Cons

No new Challenges.

Same role

Excellent Company to work for.

Excellent benefits, stable and very secure company to work. I regret leaving the Post Office. I would definitely recommend anybody to work for the South African Post Office and if given an opportunity I would gladly run back.
Same role

Loved every second of my day. Had to relocate to Johannesburg, that is why I had to leave the Company.

Started with my duties each day. I really learned a lot in the time working for the SA Post Office, that is where I picked up all my experience. Management was really great and the door was always open for new opportunities. Got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job, was to say no when I was asked to assist someone while my work itself was under pressure. I loved my work, because to be a personal assistant was really my dream since I was little. All the experience I got from my work, can never be taken away from me.

Pros

Fringe benefits, balance between social life and work.

Cons

Really learned to work under pressure, but made me as stronger and wise person
Same location

informative

Back office administration. Receiving and sending parcels local and international. Opening and closing accounts. Sales and after sales on the post office products.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Normal hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Post Office. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• South African Post Office