South African Post Office
3,8 out of 5 stars.
View all South African Post Office reviews

South African Post Office

South African Post Office Employee Review

I started as a data capturer work for 9 months there, promoted to teller, then admin and for the past 8 years mail controller, mainly a mail dominated ar which I did a great job. My reason for resigning was due to poor management style which makes it impossible to deliver what it takes, which was the slogan of the company at the time.

2,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,0 out of 5 stars for Management
3,0 out of 5 stars for Culture

Same role

A great learning Curve

At post office i was working at one of the projects, The work was very challenging and demanding both physically and mentally, it helped build my character and help me grow as an individual, i had a great time. The co-workers and the management were very friendly and always understanding, were always open to new suggestion and self expression. The hardest part was that at times were required to work for long hours in order to meet our deadlines. The learning experience was invaluable

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Long working hours
Same role

productive and fun

Working hours were favorable. Learnt alot about advance computer packages that were relevant in the work i was doing. The Management was excellent! My immediate boss was very supportive and always commended the work i was doing. The co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was not being able to get a permanent job because of work permit. The post enjoyable part of the job was the coffee machines that always had coffee.

Cons

luck of work permit
Same location

challenging

firsty you must love your job,draw schedule for daily,weekly and monthly task,be customer orientated, hygiene should be taken care of,safety and security for both you and other colleagues,meet deadlines,honesty and integrity, know your customers,be able to handle stress and willing to learn further.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Post Office. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,5 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,5 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,5 out of 5 stars for Management
3,6 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • South African Post Office
  • The company is no longer what it used to be, postal delivery to first addresses only every 4th day.