South African Post Office

South African Post Office Employee Reviews in Bloemfontein, Free State

Bloemfontein, Free State10 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Structured Workplace

I was assigned to conduct a survey on Absenteeism and HIV/AIDS in the Mail Depot/Centre and the Bloemfontein Post Office. The supervisors of the said sections were interviewed with the objective of conducting a survey regarding absenteeism in their work units and their view on HIV/AIDS in the workplace. In the report thereof I, as the author, reviewed the theory or background regarding the concepts of absenteeism and HIV and AIDS in the workplace and their effects/impact in the workplace, to the employees, the management and the organisation applying the literature review to the survey at hand and the outcomes thereof, also making recommendations to the Labour Relations Unit, for further discussion with the next line of management for review and possible implementation for the region. This was an attempt to survey the situation in the two identified sections or business units and to assess the need or possibility of conducting a survey in other sections of the organisation, involving employees at all levels, offices and areas.

Pros

Structured Workplace

Cons

Employee Wellness Challenges

long working hours ( saturday)

Working environment was not conducive, very unproductive Poor management style Mail been delayed unnecessary Mail not delivered as per company slogan.

Pros

Cons

long hours on saturday

It is important to deal with the given task immediately is given to you rather than to wait because at the end of the day you end up not knowing where to start and where to end. To make my job first priority in life, always when I dont understand I ask cause maistakes cause company to lose money as we know office resources are expensive , working as a team helps a lot.

Pros

Free lunc

Fun Day

Enjoyable day at work Learned Numerical, Money Laundry, Financial Sanctions, Customer Service, Telephone Ettiques, Conflict Handling e.t.c Good management in place, worked as as team Culture Customer Orientated the hardest part talent not recognised

Pros

New lessons learned

Cons

Talent not recognised

Challenging yet fun work

It entails dealing with clients on a daily bases. A typical week starts with reporting of the previous week happenings, attending to electronic queries and any ad hoc matters arising. Challenging work conditions but fun to work with different clients both internally and externally. There's an opportunity to learn something new once in a while and deal with different unique cases. I have an opportunity also, to deal with different people on different levels, form a Municipal CFO, Government Director, Finance Manager to an Admin person and the Messenger. That awarded me a chance to communicate on different levels and expand my abilities. I work closely with other business units in my company and that instilled good team work spirit in me. I draw my own plans and clients visits for the week so I also work on my own. Sometimes I am forced to make decisions regarding clients' issues ad I get immense satisfaction knowing all parties' needs are fulfilled. The most challenging part of my work is when a client is not being helped. Because our business units are interlinked, if 1or 2 sections drags their feet, it can jeopardise the hard work invested by the others. However, there's many ways to kill a cat. I learnt to make the best with what I have at hand. The most enjoyable part of my job is to work with different people and meet new people most of the time. I also enjoy the travelling part of my job. I take pride in meeting the demand, providing solutions and closing successful deals.

Pros

Travelling and dealing with people

Cons

Not meeting demands

Fun workplace and productive

Start 07:30-16:30 Solving enquiries, attend to deadlines Management is Management Assisting each other regarding work related issues Asset Verification Report To assist of help a fellow colleauge

Pros

Free lunches

Productive and interrelatedness

My typical day at work involved interacting with employees at all levels. I also ensured that tasks are fairly allocated to those reporting to me and also ensuring that whatever goals we have set for the day are met.

Pros

Ability to further studies

Result driven.

I enjoyed working in teamwork and analysing different opinions, taking lead where necessary and persuading others by creating relationships based on mutual trust and understanding. Executed company strategic objectives. I managed to work with limited resources i.e. staff shortages and stock in some instances.

it was good and bad at the same time one has learned and acquire skills

I have 20 years working for post office and it has its ups and downs like any other company. check my dairy attend to my daily schedule as it differs daily. it had their highs and lows my colleagues are informative we share ideas and work as a team. the hardest part of my current job is when interviewing a people and they tend to be emotional and desperate. I acquired a number of skills I can manage about 120 people make decision and recommendations. when placing the right person for the right job.

Cons

flexibility and child care facilities

Loved every second of my day. Had to relocate to Johannesburg, that is why I had to leave the Company.

Started with my duties each day. I really learned a lot in the time working for the SA Post Office, that is where I picked up all my experience. Management was really great and the door was always open for new opportunities. Got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job, was to say no when I was asked to assist someone while my work itself was under pressure. I loved my work, because to be a personal assistant was really my dream since I was little. All the experience I got from my work, can never be taken away from me.

Pros

Fringe benefits, balance between social life and work.

Cons

Really learned to work under pressure, but made me as stronger and wise person

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Post Office. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,5 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,5 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,5 out of 5 stars for Management
3,6 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • South African Post Office
  • Bloemfontein, Free State
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?