South African Post Office
3,8 out of 5 stars.

South African Post Office Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

I start at 08:30 in the morning with a daily meeting clients arrive at 08:40 as a R.P. officer u must wear different heads i.e. hyster driver,consultain,administrater and a bacis bookkeeper I work in a team with and it can be interesting at times the management team is always there to give a helping hand the hardest part of my job is driving the forklift ,but the most enjoyable part is meeting new people on a daily basis.
Very busy and you learn to work with clients all day. Management are very strict and supervisors there to check, Very interesting to work in the different department and gain quite a lot of knowledge,
Cons
Amazing managers.you live to go to work and never stay out no matter what.its a company wher we work as a team all the time.one million ups for south african post office.words cant dedcribe what a great company this is.
Cons
nothing
I was at my best at the Post office. I was growing and climbing the success ladder. The Post Office empowered and developed me to be the best employee that I was. Thanks to their Bursary scheme I got a qualification in Marketing.
Pros
employees well looked after
Cons
industrial action
Prepare daily report and do teleconference. Communicate plan for day/week to staff and effective management in terms of all functions and ad hoc functions
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
no increase received for 2 years
With the new CEO on board, the future looks promising, as he possess a great deal of expertise and has a proven track record of being a very successful business man.
Pros
Positive and dedicated workforce and working conditions.
Cons
Not always opportunity to advance everyone.
Unique culture, needs lots of hard work in order to succeed and progress. Protocol strictly adhered to. Lots of travelling. Hardest part is sometimes having to work away from home and have to remote manage household and kids. Most enjoyable is meeting and interacting with different cultures in terms of clients and co-workers.
Pros
Travelling and staying in some beautiful and exotic places
Cons
Long Hours and too much protocol