South African Post Office
3,8 out of 5 stars.

South African Post Office Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

It's challenging and exciting as hard worker energetic always willing to learn. Good listener and good communication skills I've learned a lot from working.
Time management - always working according to time/target. Independence and team work - collaborative work Management semi authoritative - old generation style Friendly but old fashioned Strikes and not being able to deliver, due to strikes Support and loving environment
i have learned a lot working for this company. unity between employers and management.working under pressure and together. loving and free environment.
Pros
non
Cons
non
I enjoyed working at this company, the people, the salary was great I will go back if given an opportunity to be back at work. I do recommend working there.
Pros
Free gifts
Cons
Flaxable hours
As this is a state company I took all the cases I handled with utmost seriousness they deserved, whether it was 10 cents lost or 100 000 rands, the principle applies throughout. So it was a challenging job as I would as thorough with a case concerning a senior executive as I would a junior employee.
Pros
Independent decision making
Cons
Unstable management
Lots of reading and u'll know more places and postal codes around South Africa.Sometimes u'll do unexpected mistakes like taking a parcel to a wrong destination if you never thought yourself to read.
I have learned advanced MS Office, Management skills and training people. The management was good and the workplace culture was pleasant. Some employees under my supervision were not coping with their duties and I had to make sure that they produce even if I had to repeat again and again. The most interesting part f the job was when I had to analyze reports and present to management.
I worked at the post office during the strike and really enjoyed and appreciated the experience, it was a contract that did not pay us well but the company it self its a good company.
Pros
Housing allawence
Cons
it gets busy in the morning, whereby we have to do a long of capturing and administrative duties in the morning. ive learned to work in a team and sharpen my skills in office administration and microsoft office. the management are not willing to asist the staff that is willing to develop themselves. and my co-workers are a great team to be arund, very possitive and assisting. the hardest part of the job is when the is a complain about insufficient information we provided and when the system is down, we do manual capturing which is strainers. the most enjoyable part of my job, i would say its determined by an individual, some would say the flexi hours are great then i personally love the challenging environment which is really unexpected and great to be around
Cons
Starts at 7 and work with the destination of trains and packages. Learned to do Time Management in a very fast tracking offices. Management has an open door policy with all staff and outside staff. All co-workers had a relax and friendly attitude towards one another. The long hours to meet dead line. The relaxing and friendly environment.
Pros
Leave. Pension and Medical Aid benefit
Cons
To meet the dead line on a daily basis
From being a mail handler,teller,call centre agent to a supervisory position within Sapo i must say i gained a lot of experience and working for Sapo i met a lot of exciting people from management to junior staff it was the best part of my life and with the kind of skills i have acquired i am ready to start a new journey with my new employer.
Pros
Team building sessions
Cons
working over weekends
Working hours were favorable. Learnt alot about advance computer packages that were relevant in the work i was doing. The Management was excellent! My immediate boss was very supportive and always commended the work i was doing. The co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was not being able to get a permanent job because of work permit. The post enjoyable part of the job was the coffee machines that always had coffee.
Cons
luck of work permit
generate daily report, collecting data, the most enjoyable part is to do analysis
Excellent benefits, stable and very secure company to work. I regret leaving the Post Office. I would definitely recommend anybody to work for the South African Post Office and if given an opportunity I would gladly run back.
The company is big, but it lacks certain structures that are required to groom new employees and no form of training is given to better enhance/ understand the organizational needs, no trademark methods of approaching challenges are used, the company is divided unnecessarily, long chain of commands.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Divisions within the company
I have learned a lot at the post office especially on dealing with customer queries.