South African Post Office

South African Post Office Employee Reviews in Pretoria, Gauteng

3,7
Work-Life Balance

Productive and Best working environment

It was the most productive work environment to work at, I was exposed to so many different departments within the post office and was able to build my knowledge and experience about the service provided.

Cons

Providing postlink first line support Providing software/hardware solution Monitoring the network

Excellent organisation

A good working environment. you got to know the network and the approval processes. relationships is important.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Long working hours

Productive, challenging and fun working place

I have learned how to work as a team and also working under pressure. The importance of meeting your dead lines and targets. Management is supportive and understanding at times. Co workers are good and they work as a team and as a family. The hardest part of the job is when there is interest rate changes and reassesments of the vehicles whereby one has to manually change all the contracts on SAP one by one, because there is more than 1500 contracts thats need to be adjusted. The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is a challenge and one has to apply the knowledge one has learned at school to resolve the problem.

Pros

internal courses

Cons

working on weekends when there is a lot of work to do

Lots of exposure and development

Implementation and development of strategies, dealing with labour and interacting with different people of different levels and intellect. Learned that hard work pays and fulfills and that job fulfillment is not only about money and about intellectual development. Management was very motivating, the hierarchical levels were not stressed therefore one would be exposed to any level of management depending on competence and willingness to learn and most importantly not complaining. Also learned that sells sacrifice can improve knowledge. Hardest part was to deal with strikes where in there were no demands made by labour and the reality that the strikes affects the end users/ customers. The most enjoyable part was growth and exposure to different elements of Human Resources and having been given an opportunity to learn and develop on my own. The acceptance that employees needs to be exposed to challenges to be able to grow and develop.

Pros

Professional and maturity development and exposure

Cons

Enjoyable long hours

Challenging and very productive

My typical day will be toperform continous assessment to understand the daily activities within our organisation- i.e business process maping, i have to always be aware of what are our high risk areas,and determine if controls exists.- this involves meeting with senior management in IT , business and riskI will review an audit execution or report on a dayWill research on new ways to approach an audit or a task- research is must. I use Auditors Round Table, ISACA and IIA , and googleI have learnt that it is important to understanding what makes senior mangement not to sleep at night that way our audit assurance is targeted in the right place and eventually controls are implemented which results in value add.Our management is actaully very knowledgeble about their business areas so, as an assurance provider this streches me to always make sure that i have thourough knowledge of what im discussingMy co-workers are very innovative and opinionated, so i am always willing to listen observe and learn a lot from them- even those that report to me.the hardest part of my job is convincing management that the controls are weak and business is at high risk. Secondly it is hard to help change mindset about internal auditors- to make them understand that my objectives are same as theirs- which is to make sure that risks are managed and controls are working and objectives are achieved. This is hard because business still think that we(auditors) are there to expose dirty linen or gaps, however I strive to get buy in for them to open up. My job is actually completed when i know -

Pros

petrol cards, insurance for car is free, lunch is cheap

Cons

overtime, no pay as senior manager

new business unit, workable and challenging

this helps to improve the enviroment we live in, we compile reports of consumption, set targets, identify overusage and try to sustain it. implement awareness to the employees and adhere to carbon footprintthe things that one csn learn is to take responsibilty in our daily lives, they management assist one in growing careerwise, model you to the suitable development and feel involved.the hardest part is to be in a new enviroment and having to grasp everything at once , however the greatest part is to be able to learn, implement, sustain and make an awearness to the people.

Pros

attending workshops

Cons

lack of knowledge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Post Office. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8