South African Post Office
3,8 out of 5 stars.

South African Post Office Employee Reviews for Area Manager

I enjoyed working in teamwork and analysing different opinions, taking lead where necessary and persuading others by creating relationships based on mutual trust and understanding. Executed company strategic objectives. I managed to work with limited resources i.e. staff shortages and stock in some instances.
The Post Office is a great company to work for. Over 34 years where I worked in various departments, I was seldom held back in terms of personal development (studies) but in terms of career advancement, employment equity was not applied and implemented fairly. I suppose that the influence of the human element in Human Capital cannot be ruled out. I enjoyed being able to make a positive impact to fellow workers and the citizens of SA who we were appointed to serve. The culture at the PO is awesome and when I had personal family tragedy with the passing of my mother, the sense of family through the support I received from colleagues across the country was overwhelming. travelling overseas and being allowed to share my management skills with the Independent Electoral Commission in thew first Democratic elections in 1994, are some momentous highlights of a career that I am extremely proud of.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Incompetent colleagues
Unique culture, needs lots of hard work in order to succeed and progress. Protocol strictly adhered to. Lots of travelling. Hardest part is sometimes having to work away from home and have to remote manage household and kids. Most enjoyable is meeting and interacting with different cultures in terms of clients and co-workers.
Pros
Travelling and staying in some beautiful and exotic places
Cons
Long Hours and too much protocol