South African Post Office

Area Manager3 reviews
South Africa3 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Result driven.

I enjoyed working in teamwork and analysing different opinions, taking lead where necessary and persuading others by creating relationships based on mutual trust and understanding. Executed company strategic objectives. I managed to work with limited resources i.e. staff shortages and stock in some instances.

Great Company when there is competent executive stability.

The Post Office is a great company to work for. Over 34 years where I worked in various departments, I was seldom held back in terms of personal development (studies) but in terms of career advancement, employment equity was not applied and implemented fairly. I suppose that the influence of the human element in Human Capital cannot be ruled out. I enjoyed being able to make a positive impact to fellow workers and the citizens of SA who we were appointed to serve. The culture at the PO is awesome and when I had personal family tragedy with the passing of my mother, the sense of family through the support I received from colleagues across the country was overwhelming. travelling overseas and being allowed to share my management skills with the Independent Electoral Commission in thew first Democratic elections in 1994, are some momentous highlights of a career that I am extremely proud of.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

Incompetent colleagues

Unique culture where protocol is strictly followed

Unique culture, needs lots of hard work in order to succeed and progress. Protocol strictly adhered to. Lots of travelling. Hardest part is sometimes having to work away from home and have to remote manage household and kids. Most enjoyable is meeting and interacting with different cultures in terms of clients and co-workers.

Pros

Travelling and staying in some beautiful and exotic places

Cons

Long Hours and too much protocol

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at South African Post Office?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Post Office. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,5 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,5 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,5 out of 5 stars for Management
3,6 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • South African Post Office
  • Area Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?