South African Post Office

South African Post Office Employee Reviews for Branch Manager

Branch Manager14 reviews
South Africa14 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

productive , work under presure, no time waisting

work under presure from start to finish ,no time waisting must be productive,client handeling is most important,handeling personal according to bussines situation ,lunch ,leave ,time off ,etc

Pros

work security

Cons

lack of communication from management

Good semi government company

It was a good company in 1994 from government to a semi company but as years go by things change especially from 2004 . Bad people from top management joined the post office and it started to drop the standard and if you can look at now ,it is No longer good at all the services are poor and also the morale is very down from the employees

Pros

It was good then now I do not know

Cons

It was a best company to work for not anymore

challenging

firsty you must love your job,draw schedule for daily,weekly and monthly task,be customer orientated, hygiene should be taken care of,safety and security for both you and other colleagues,meet deadlines,honesty and integrity, know your customers,be able to handle stress and willing to learn further.

productive and fun

Amazing managers.you live to go to work and never stay out no matter what.its a company wher we work as a team all the time.one million ups for south african post office.words cant dedcribe what a great company this is.

Cons

nothing

A very hectic place to work at.

My typical day at work it was in 2014 whereby I have to help more than 387 customers alone in the office. On the pensioners day payments. I have to manage the queue and the cash in the same time. I was counting the cash using my hands because there was not cash counting machine. I closed the office so late at 18:00 evening. When it comes in management is was so difficult because my office was a single handed office meaning I was working alone as a Teller, as a Cashier and a Branch manager as well. I have learned how to manage cash and to control the queue. I have learned to manage time and my work. Customers enjoyed my services very much and they were even asking that how do I hope with such a lots of work like that because I have to serve them and respond to my email, opening the incoming mail, dispatching the mail, do a banking, opening the accounts, doing some enquiries for dormant accounts and closed accounts and also making a follow up for track and trace parcels alone.

Pros

sometimes a one hour lunch

Cons

long queues and long hours

company Parties

Customer Service Customer enquiries Banking Certification Dispatching of mail Receiving of mail Assets Control Track and trace of the parcels Checking Transactions Recording of the transactions Managing of the staff Attending meetings Opening and Closing of the office Queue management

Pros

Lunch Boxes

Cons

Weekends and long hours

good company to gain experience

its a busy environment especially retail front but learned to function under pressure in a busy environment different kind of job functions and skills

Pros

Birthday bonus

Cons

working exrta hours with staff shortages

teller job,cashier transfer,doing banking,do deposit and withdrawal transaction through system,,paying pension through system,teller balance,quiry cas

Help with dignity to our clients.good clients approach and service.helping with postal order, COD,accepted parcels in a system put track and trace numbers, selling post office products like stamps, stationary, advertising retail stock and do stock take every month

Pros

buy our self lunxh

Cons

8 hours per day

Nice place to work but no transparency

I had a very informative days of work while acting as Area Manager. I learnt many of managerial skills and presentations about business performance and managing others. overall management skills applying in the work place learned how to work together with colleagues and treating them with dignity and respect as they are the most powerful assets of the company. the hardest part of the job is to work for lengthy hours daily and not well remunerated. enjoy interacting with customers on a day to day periods.

Pros

Award ceremonies

Cons

Very informative and perfect organisation to work for

Typical day at work, it is the day when I was nominated on the project (TCF treat customer fairly) I learned how to read individuals character I learned a lot on how to work with people, how to present the speech in front of mass audience with confidence. Confidential, friendly and very productive. To discipline misbehaving employee. Chatting with our customers especially the senior citizens.

productive

the hardest part about the job was dealing with long queues and have to close the branch due to working hours. we worked very well as a team and I enjoyed very well. I learned a lot about working within a team and working with different individuals. I enjoyed helping customers especially the elderly people.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

i am hard worker and team leader

normal day,learned much experince and good management. my co-worker were very helpful. my hardest part at work was system went offline the whole day. The most enjoyable part is whereby i served all my clients without any discrepancy.

Pros

i brought my own lunch.

Cons

normal working hours (8 hours)

Productivity

I have learn to work with different people and other culture. I am the person who easily adapt to change I have been in this Job for more than 15 years and I have learn and add value for decision making. I take control and monitor the financial aspects.

Coordinative and productive.

Render customer service be it product or service. Working together with coworkers and other branch offices. Management has shortfall of sight. Fair and reasonable. Peak times Peak times.

Pros

Free refreshments.

Cons

Unnecessary work backlog.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Post Office. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance