South African Post Office
3,8 out of 5 stars.

South African Post Office Employee Reviews for Branch Manager

work under presure from start to finish ,no time waisting must be productive,client handeling is most important,handeling personal according to bussines situation ,lunch ,leave ,time off ,etc
Pros
work security
Cons
lack of communication from management
It was a good company in 1994 from government to a semi company but as years go by things change especially from 2004 . Bad people from top management joined the post office and it started to drop the standard and if you can look at now ,it is No longer good at all the services are poor and also the morale is very down from the employees
Pros
It was good then now I do not know
Cons
It was a best company to work for not anymore
firsty you must love your job,draw schedule for daily,weekly and monthly task,be customer orientated, hygiene should be taken care of,safety and security for both you and other colleagues,meet deadlines,honesty and integrity, know your customers,be able to handle stress and willing to learn further.
Amazing managers.you live to go to work and never stay out no matter what.its a company wher we work as a team all the time.one million ups for south african post office.words cant dedcribe what a great company this is.
Cons
nothing
My typical day at work it was in 2014 whereby I have to help more than 387 customers alone in the office. On the pensioners day payments. I have to manage the queue and the cash in the same time. I was counting the cash using my hands because there was not cash counting machine. I closed the office so late at 18:00 evening. When it comes in management is was so difficult because my office was a single handed office meaning I was working alone as a Teller, as a Cashier and a Branch manager as well. I have learned how to manage cash and to control the queue. I have learned to manage time and my work. Customers enjoyed my services very much and they were even asking that how do I hope with such a lots of work like that because I have to serve them and respond to my email, opening the incoming mail, dispatching the mail, do a banking, opening the accounts, doing some enquiries for dormant accounts and closed accounts and also making a follow up for track and trace parcels alone.
Pros
sometimes a one hour lunch
Cons
long queues and long hours
Customer Service Customer enquiries Banking Certification Dispatching of mail Receiving of mail Assets Control Track and trace of the parcels Checking Transactions Recording of the transactions Managing of the staff Attending meetings Opening and Closing of the office Queue management
Pros
Lunch Boxes
Cons
Weekends and long hours
its a busy environment especially retail front but learned to function under pressure in a busy environment different kind of job functions and skills
Pros
Birthday bonus
Cons
working exrta hours with staff shortages
Help with dignity to our clients.good clients approach and service.helping with postal order, COD,accepted parcels in a system put track and trace numbers, selling post office products like stamps, stationary, advertising retail stock and do stock take every month
Pros
buy our self lunxh
Cons
8 hours per day
I had a very informative days of work while acting as Area Manager. I learnt many of managerial skills and presentations about business performance and managing others. overall management skills applying in the work place learned how to work together with colleagues and treating them with dignity and respect as they are the most powerful assets of the company. the hardest part of the job is to work for lengthy hours daily and not well remunerated. enjoy interacting with customers on a day to day periods.
Pros
Award ceremonies
Cons
Typical day at work, it is the day when I was nominated on the project (TCF treat customer fairly) I learned how to read individuals character I learned a lot on how to work with people, how to present the speech in front of mass audience with confidence. Confidential, friendly and very productive. To discipline misbehaving employee. Chatting with our customers especially the senior citizens.
the hardest part about the job was dealing with long queues and have to close the branch due to working hours. we worked very well as a team and I enjoyed very well. I learned a lot about working within a team and working with different individuals. I enjoyed helping customers especially the elderly people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
normal day,learned much experince and good management. my co-worker were very helpful. my hardest part at work was system went offline the whole day. The most enjoyable part is whereby i served all my clients without any discrepancy.
Pros
i brought my own lunch.
Cons
normal working hours (8 hours)
I have learn to work with different people and other culture. I am the person who easily adapt to change I have been in this Job for more than 15 years and I have learn and add value for decision making. I take control and monitor the financial aspects.
Render customer service be it product or service. Working together with coworkers and other branch offices. Management has shortfall of sight. Fair and reasonable. Peak times Peak times.
Pros
Free refreshments.
Cons
Unnecessary work backlog.