South African Post Office
3,8 out of 5 stars.

South African Post Office Employee Reviews for Teller

We worked in a team of twelve people all young and energetic and hungry for challenges and work. Paying sassa beneficiaries their dues. It was a wonderful and challenging experience working with various people especially the old ones but however i have learn a lot about customer service and working with hard and large sum of money and handling various customer enquiries.
Back office administration. Receiving and sending parcels local and international. Opening and closing accounts. Sales and after sales on the post office products.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Normal hours
It was a great experience working there, I got to see clients face to face. Solving and helping people was a great honor. Tellers were patient teaching us
Treat your employees fair and equally. Make sure that you listen to their grievance and take them seriously. Value them as much as you value your customers.
Management is Great, they are friendly and supportive.The staff is unbelievable, The culture and the togetherness.I had a great time, The branch manager is brilliant yet humble.
At the Post Office you not really safe robberies happins but pour securities our Life is very much in danger but overall very good job just time for new opportunities
I enjoyed working there, each and every minute. lovely staff and customers were warm to me as I was responsible and presentable to them. if I would have a second chance I would hold it with both hands.
Pros
trainings now and then
Cons
normal hours
Different people about thousands enter the company to buy postal products. The management supports other workers and they normal do also our work and train new staff members. The hardest part of the job is parcel dispatching especially big parcels and tiring and sorting of mail its difficult because you have to be precisely sure that the letter is put exactly to the right box. The most enjoyable part is sales and customer care.
Pros
Day offs
Cons
Weekday hours
The most enjoyable part of the job is to serve clients from all sorts of backgrounds equally. Learning to work with a high speed at a short period of time.
Cons
No cons
Depending on the area where the office is situated, it usually is a very busy company. To work in a post office one should be customer based and very patient. Friendliness is also a must in the post office. The most difficult part of the job is to please a difficult client. If you as the teller knows that a customer comes in with a problem, you will make sure to offer them a good solution. The most enjoyable time in a post office is when your customers walks out being happy with the service they received.
Pros
lovely uniform, promotional wear, going for training courses
Cons
long busy hours
They can use some new challenges into the workplace. Make more meetings with management and stuff to lay down all the concerns and complains from customers and find ways to fix them.
Pros
there Are glasses in between clients and consultants
Cons
Working seated, It gets really tiring, could use some moving around.
Learn as much as you can always be ready to learn new systems Always be willing to be located in different branches be ready to even manage a branch.
Pros
non
Cons
A typical work day at the Post Office is friendly clients and hardwork, I have learned how to manage staff and customer service, everyone at the Post Office is very hardworking and ambitious. The hardest part of the job is difficult clients and the most enjoying part is making a customer happy.
Pros
An off day every week excepts when its your off weekend.
Cons
Getting the office up to date with the admin and doing stocktake.
They take too long to employ people as their permanent employees.empty promises . salary takes time to be increased permanent workers suppress the casuals
Pros
Time backs
Cons
Being an employee at nt ngidi agencies was a shaper of myself, as I was just coming from school and first time being in a working environment. Learning how to behave as I was the youngest but yet I was expected to deliver my work as everyone else, although there were issues but I learned that if you don't struggle you won't succeed.
Pros
getting awards for good work
Cons
we had to work long hours during month ends, but didn't bother me as long as I have a job
A day at work starts with sorting and dispatching mail, I have learnt how to do banking, compile start and end of day reports. The management at the post office were very good to work with, hard working and motivating. My coworkers were good people, helpful, caring and dedicated to their work. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with electricity short cuts, network problems. The most enjoyable part is having to serve clients and their are happy with the service they have received.
Pros
Bonus cheques
Cons
electricity failure
I worked as a trainee with many things to learn at first it was kind of difficult but with good stuff that I was surrounded with, they helped in any way possible until I understood everything, on a daily basis we would receive and dispatch mails, handle all financial reports such as deposits and withdrawals, I enjoyed every moment of it
Cons
I enjoyed working as a teller at the post office.It makes me very happy when a client leaves our office happy and satisfied.I have realised that when you are always smiling and show happy face to customers, they will always come to you and your business grows faster. Customer care must come first.Post office looks after its workers and trains them a lot.I really love working for the post office as a teller. Because as a frontline worker, I became the image of the company.
Post office is very much enjoyable when you care much about the customers. The branch will always draw more customers when tellers are always happy and showing smiles on their face.The most important thing that I have learned is, business always grows when all customers are happy.
I have learned a lot at the post office especially on dealing with customer queries.