South African Post Office
3,8 out of 5 stars.

South African Post Office Culture reviews

It was awesome to have worked for this company. I have learned how to work as a team and individual. Delivering mail to different houses helped me to interact with people
Nice to work there. Benefits are worth working there. Growth and development is something that you will get. Security and having a culture of safe working environment
Pros
Growth
Cons
Not enough projects
It was challenging because you have to finish your task and you find that at school there was no teachers it was bit difficult to deliver books during holidays but great experiences of travelling and knowing other places and different types of cultures
Pros
Free petrol
Cons
I suggest that Post office to be privatized so that the culture can change and the company will start make profit and win the trust of the community back.
Time management - always working according to time/target. Independence and team work - collaborative work Management semi authoritative - old generation style Friendly but old fashioned Strikes and not being able to deliver, due to strikes Support and loving environment
Management is Great, they are friendly and supportive.The staff is unbelievable, The culture and the togetherness.I had a great time, The branch manager is brilliant yet humble.
i have learned a lot working for this company. unity between employers and management.working under pressure and together. loving and free environment.
Pros
non
Cons
non
The Post Office is a great company to work for. Over 34 years where I worked in various departments, I was seldom held back in terms of personal development (studies) but in terms of career advancement, employment equity was not applied and implemented fairly. I suppose that the influence of the human element in Human Capital cannot be ruled out. I enjoyed being able to make a positive impact to fellow workers and the citizens of SA who we were appointed to serve. The culture at the PO is awesome and when I had personal family tragedy with the passing of my mother, the sense of family through the support I received from colleagues across the country was overwhelming. travelling overseas and being allowed to share my management skills with the Independent Electoral Commission in thew first Democratic elections in 1994, are some momentous highlights of a career that I am extremely proud of.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Incompetent colleagues
While I do enjoy my job doing what I am employed to do, there is just too much political games, working with people who have progressed through the ranks with no actual passion for the built environment but more for job status and no actual work being done. Coming from the private sector and joining a government parastal I thought it would provide better job security and I would at least be able to get a good pension. Everything takes time and you have to jump through hoops when citing regulation and compliance with it, always looking for the lowest price but expecting all the bells and whistles. No one seems to want to take responsibility or be accountable, but in defence we are governed by the public finance management act and things do take longer. Overall if people are accountable and act with integrity this would be a good company to work for.
Pros
The benefits (for me it's the pension - that's all I get)
Cons
no real work ethic, politics, some unethical practices
A typical work day at the Post Office is friendly clients and hardwork, I have learned how to manage staff and customer service, everyone at the Post Office is very hardworking and ambitious. The hardest part of the job is difficult clients and the most enjoying part is making a customer happy.
Pros
An off day every week excepts when its your off weekend.
Cons
Getting the office up to date with the admin and doing stocktake.
I have learned advanced MS Office, Management skills and training people. The management was good and the workplace culture was pleasant. Some employees under my supervision were not coping with their duties and I had to make sure that they produce even if I had to repeat again and again. The most interesting part f the job was when I had to analyze reports and present to management.
good company to work for in terms of job security, the culture of the company is one. the stuff work as a team,and the management also support the employees at all level.
In my current field of work, a day of work consist mainly of meetings and evaluations. I have learned to work with people of different characters and caliber. I have also learned to listen to and respect people's views and challenge (where necessary) without undermining the views. I have been fortunate enough to work under quality management. The most outstanding Post Office culture is one where mutual respect is enforced, and also maintaining positive attitude in the hardest times of the company. Although it's not a defeating challenge, the hardest part of the job is blending of views of clients (internal) and that of procurement. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you obtain knowledge of working environment that is outside your own.
Pros
Additional knowledge
Cons
Lot of administration
Enjoyable day at work Learned Numerical, Money Laundry, Financial Sanctions, Customer Service, Telephone Ettiques, Conflict Handling e.t.c Good management in place, worked as as team Culture Customer Orientated the hardest part talent not recognised
Pros
New lessons learned
Cons
Talent not recognised
I enjoyed working independently. Flexibility, excellent workplace culture. Job demanded my full involvement. Travelling long distance from Johannesburg was a huge challenge.
I enjoy when busy, like to help my clients and enjoy sorting mail. Its a good company to work for i just need growth. I have learned how to manage business and to lead people in a workplace.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
rode customers
Safety is not compromised ,team working was very important and skill development was essential to all employees.It's very nice to work in post office
Cons
No New daily challenge, opportunity are very limited
it gets busy in the morning, whereby we have to do a long of capturing and administrative duties in the morning. ive learned to work in a team and sharpen my skills in office administration and microsoft office. the management are not willing to asist the staff that is willing to develop themselves. and my co-workers are a great team to be arund, very possitive and assisting. the hardest part of the job is when the is a complain about insufficient information we provided and when the system is down, we do manual capturing which is strainers. the most enjoyable part of my job, i would say its determined by an individual, some would say the flexi hours are great then i personally love the challenging environment which is really unexpected and great to be around
Cons
People are negative, and passes negative remarks, may be because they are demoralised . In this company if one wants something , one must keep following up until it is done. Management is hopefull and positive about outlook. The hardest part of my job is to get negatively minded sub-ordnitate to operatte optimally.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
very relaxed organisational culture
Professional and friendly management always there to assist during challenging job operations. I learned that Working as team always resulted in excellent crime combat. Coorworkers were always available to work as a team and loved getting together even outside working environment as a result there was no hardships in job performances. The finalazation of founded cases was always an enjoyable part of my job performances
Pros
free Christmas parties 8
My first day at work was most unforgettable, when doing staff greeting it was awesome and day was very short. The staff was friendly those the majority was whites they welcomed me. Management was also good they told about starting and finishing time. They showed my supervisor, It was an old white lady. My job trainer was my co-worker very friendly and reliable. The hardest part of the job was meeting targets. The most enjoyable part was to work with computer it was my first experience
Pros
Cons
8hours