South African Post Office

South Africa153 reviews

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,5Job Security & Advancement

Challenging and interesting environment amazing people.

After the pandemic everything changed no more challenges no growth employees lost hope many companies with monopolies small mail delivering companies

Pros

No allowence

Cons

Morning shift and afternoon shift

Great experience

I’ve learnt a lot from them. As my first job they did a great job. My senior manager really contributed a lot in my career and having to meet him again at Absa it was a blessing because of the things he taught me along my walks of life

Productive and growth

Nice to work there. Benefits are worth working there. Growth and development is something that you will get. Security and having a culture of safe working environment

Pros

Growth

Cons

Not enough projects

Good semi government company

It was a good company in 1994 from government to a semi company but as years go by things change especially from 2004 . Bad people from top management joined the post office and it started to drop the standard and if you can look at now ,it is No longer good at all the services are poor and also the morale is very down from the employees

Pros

It was good then now I do not know

Cons

It was a best company to work for not anymore

Post office should be privatized

I suggest that Post office to be privatized so that the culture can change and the company will start make profit and win the trust of the community back.

Great place to work at.

Great place to work at. Good salary. Good work environment. Quiet at times but there's always work to be done or you can assist other departments too.

I've gain a lot of experience with the company. To work with people it's a good experience

It's challenging and exciting as hard worker energetic always willing to learn. Good listener and good communication skills I've learned a lot from working.

Adequately inadequate

My duration of work at the South African Post Office was fairly good. Although, I had the dishonor of being there at a time of work grievances (protests) it was okay and I found to have acquired the skill of admin. Which I'm duely thankful for.

Productive and Best working environment

It was the most productive work environment to work at, I was exposed to so many different departments within the post office and was able to build my knowledge and experience about the service provided.

Cons

Great company for growth and stability.

South African Post Office is a great company to work for. Respect among workers, clients and management makes it a place enjoyable to find one's self in. Salary and benefits are good. There is a big room for growth because of the on going training provided by the company.

Pros

Free safety wear

Cons

Long discussions before agreement is reached on annual salary increases.

Productive and fun

I enjoyed working at this company, the people, the salary was great I will go back if given an opportunity to be back at work. I do recommend working there.

Pros

Free gifts

Cons

Flaxable hours

a good place to work for

Depending on the area where the office is situated, it usually is a very busy company. To work in a post office one should be customer based and very patient. Friendliness is also a must in the post office. The most difficult part of the job is to please a difficult client. If you as the teller knows that a customer comes in with a problem, you will make sure to offer them a good solution. The most enjoyable time in a post office is when your customers walks out being happy with the service they received.

Pros

lovely uniform, promotional wear, going for training courses

Cons

long busy hours

A company that offers a lot of possibilities and departments

Very busy and you learn to work with clients all day. Management are very strict and supervisors there to check, Very interesting to work in the different department and gain quite a lot of knowledge,

Cons

Great Company when there is competent executive stability.

The Post Office is a great company to work for. Over 34 years where I worked in various departments, I was seldom held back in terms of personal development (studies) but in terms of career advancement, employment equity was not applied and implemented fairly. I suppose that the influence of the human element in Human Capital cannot be ruled out. I enjoyed being able to make a positive impact to fellow workers and the citizens of SA who we were appointed to serve. The culture at the PO is awesome and when I had personal family tragedy with the passing of my mother, the sense of family through the support I received from colleagues across the country was overwhelming. travelling overseas and being allowed to share my management skills with the Independent Electoral Commission in thew first Democratic elections in 1994, are some momentous highlights of a career that I am extremely proud of.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

Incompetent colleagues

Too much bureaucratic red tape and political games

While I do enjoy my job doing what I am employed to do, there is just too much political games, working with people who have progressed through the ranks with no actual passion for the built environment but more for job status and no actual work being done. Coming from the private sector and joining a government parastal I thought it would provide better job security and I would at least be able to get a good pension. Everything takes time and you have to jump through hoops when citing regulation and compliance with it, always looking for the lowest price but expecting all the bells and whistles. No one seems to want to take responsibility or be accountable, but in defence we are governed by the public finance management act and things do take longer. Overall if people are accountable and act with integrity this would be a good company to work for.

Pros

The benefits (for me it's the pension - that's all I get)

Cons

no real work ethic, politics, some unethical practices

Good company

South African Post office has faced a lot of problems and bad publicity however it is greatly improving and it is a good place to work and learn about your industry

Pros

Good place to learn and there is growth

Cons

Financial problems and bad media reports

best company to work for

I was at my best at the Post office. I was growing and climbing the success ladder. The Post Office empowered and developed me to be the best employee that I was. Thanks to their Bursary scheme I got a qualification in Marketing.

Pros

employees well looked after

Cons

industrial action

productive

good company to work for in terms of job security, the culture of the company is one. the stuff work as a team,and the management also support the employees at all level.

fun working place

Post office is one of the biggest companies, so i can say i was grateful to be part of it because it helped me in so many ways like managing time, planning in time and last but not least i learned how to behave professional in the working placw

Cons

normal working hours

Willing to learn,tram leader. Do every thing to the best of my ability

I worked at the post office during the strike and really enjoyed and appreciated the experience, it was a contract that did not pay us well but the company it self its a good company.

Pros

Housing allawence

Productive abc fun workplace

My working at Sapo has taught me to be abke to work under pressure and at my own initiative. I can say Sapo was a my career development centre fir me as I'm where I am today ,its because of Sapo as I'm in the management position. Internal and external trainings are provided in irde to make one's job easier. The hardest part if the job is the crime of whereby people stealing our clients parcels and we have to taje hard decisions of disciplining those tgat are involved. The most enjoyable thing at Sapo is that we work as a team

Pros

Free training

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Post Office. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance