South African Post Office
3,8 out of 5 stars.

South African Post Office Job Security & Advancement reviews

I’ve learnt a lot from them. As my first job they did a great job. My senior manager really contributed a lot in my career and having to meet him again at Absa it was a blessing because of the things he taught me along my walks of life
Nice to work there. Benefits are worth working there. Growth and development is something that you will get. Security and having a culture of safe working environment
Pros
Growth
Cons
Not enough projects
I suggest that Post office to be privatized so that the culture can change and the company will start make profit and win the trust of the community back.
If you are working for the big company you have to be dedicated to your job be on time always and prepare to go extra miles for your job, be ready to learn new skills each day
Great place to work at. Good salary. Good work environment. Quiet at times but there's always work to be done or you can assist other departments too.
It's challenging and exciting as hard worker energetic always willing to learn. Good listener and good communication skills I've learned a lot from working.
My duration of work at the South African Post Office was fairly good. Although, I had the dishonor of being there at a time of work grievances (protests) it was okay and I found to have acquired the skill of admin. Which I'm duely thankful for.
It was the most productive work environment to work at, I was exposed to so many different departments within the post office and was able to build my knowledge and experience about the service provided.
Cons
South African Post Office is a great company to work for. Respect among workers, clients and management makes it a place enjoyable to find one's self in. Salary and benefits are good. There is a big room for growth because of the on going training provided by the company.
Pros
Free safety wear
Cons
Long discussions before agreement is reached on annual salary increases.
I enjoyed working at this company, the people, the salary was great I will go back if given an opportunity to be back at work. I do recommend working there.
Pros
Free gifts
Cons
Flaxable hours
Depending on the area where the office is situated, it usually is a very busy company. To work in a post office one should be customer based and very patient. Friendliness is also a must in the post office. The most difficult part of the job is to please a difficult client. If you as the teller knows that a customer comes in with a problem, you will make sure to offer them a good solution. The most enjoyable time in a post office is when your customers walks out being happy with the service they received.
Pros
lovely uniform, promotional wear, going for training courses
Cons
long busy hours
Very busy and you learn to work with clients all day. Management are very strict and supervisors there to check, Very interesting to work in the different department and gain quite a lot of knowledge,
Cons
It was the great honour working for the company South African Post Office i have learned a lot. My experience has bring a great success in my career and i am excited because i was always selected to do many task in the group. I have been a great team player and intelligent. Is good to have your bosses who can inspire you with the work life. That is why i had to study further and to build my career so well. I have enjoyed working for the company and it taught me a lot of things in our IT working environment. My heart is always filled with joy. My Job was always hard during the first month after i was employed in July 2012. There are always challenges at work especially when your are working on problem solving skills don't ever expect things to be the same because errors differs. I never learned the hard way it was always easy and i was doing well.
Pros
Party times
Cons
overtime work
Fun workplace with lots of activities. Legacy system still in place. Every employee is like a family member. Fun and exo enviromental workplace. Personal development plan
Pros
Free coffee
The Post Office is a great company to work for. Over 34 years where I worked in various departments, I was seldom held back in terms of personal development (studies) but in terms of career advancement, employment equity was not applied and implemented fairly. I suppose that the influence of the human element in Human Capital cannot be ruled out. I enjoyed being able to make a positive impact to fellow workers and the citizens of SA who we were appointed to serve. The culture at the PO is awesome and when I had personal family tragedy with the passing of my mother, the sense of family through the support I received from colleagues across the country was overwhelming. travelling overseas and being allowed to share my management skills with the Independent Electoral Commission in thew first Democratic elections in 1994, are some momentous highlights of a career that I am extremely proud of.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Incompetent colleagues
While I do enjoy my job doing what I am employed to do, there is just too much political games, working with people who have progressed through the ranks with no actual passion for the built environment but more for job status and no actual work being done. Coming from the private sector and joining a government parastal I thought it would provide better job security and I would at least be able to get a good pension. Everything takes time and you have to jump through hoops when citing regulation and compliance with it, always looking for the lowest price but expecting all the bells and whistles. No one seems to want to take responsibility or be accountable, but in defence we are governed by the public finance management act and things do take longer. Overall if people are accountable and act with integrity this would be a good company to work for.
Pros
The benefits (for me it's the pension - that's all I get)
Cons
no real work ethic, politics, some unethical practices
South African Post office has faced a lot of problems and bad publicity however it is greatly improving and it is a good place to work and learn about your industry
Pros
Good place to learn and there is growth
Cons
Financial problems and bad media reports
good company to work for in terms of job security, the culture of the company is one. the stuff work as a team,and the management also support the employees at all level.
Post office is one of the biggest companies, so i can say i was grateful to be part of it because it helped me in so many ways like managing time, planning in time and last but not least i learned how to behave professional in the working placw
Cons
normal working hours
I worked at the post office during the strike and really enjoyed and appreciated the experience, it was a contract that did not pay us well but the company it self its a good company.
Pros
Housing allawence
Cons
My working at Sapo has taught me to be abke to work under pressure and at my own initiative. I can say Sapo was a my career development centre fir me as I'm where I am today ,its because of Sapo as I'm in the management position. Internal and external trainings are provided in irde to make one's job easier. The hardest part if the job is the crime of whereby people stealing our clients parcels and we have to taje hard decisions of disciplining those tgat are involved. The most enjoyable thing at Sapo is that we work as a team
Pros
Free training