South African Post Office
3,8 out of 5 stars.

South African Post Office Pay & Benefits reviews

work under presure from start to finish ,no time waisting must be productive,client handeling is most important,handeling personal according to bussines situation ,lunch ,leave ,time off ,etc
Pros
work security
Cons
lack of communication from management
Nice to work there. Benefits are worth working there. Growth and development is something that you will get. Security and having a culture of safe working environment
Pros
Growth
Cons
Not enough projects
It was challenging because you have to finish your task and you find that at school there was no teachers it was bit difficult to deliver books during holidays but great experiences of travelling and knowing other places and different types of cultures
Pros
Free petrol
Cons
Great place to work at. Good salary. Good work environment. Quiet at times but there's always work to be done or you can assist other departments too.
Be fast but accurate Understanding what you're doing Do not perform any fraudulent activities When there's a shortage in funds, it is your responsibility to pay the money back.
Pros
Benefits when a full time employee
Cons
Short lunches, knocking off late
It was a fun environment but very strict when it comes to work. You need to be prepared for everything that might come up and avoid making mistakes especially unneccessary mistakes because you pay for it.
Pros
Fun
Cons
It is a company that assist the community with the financial transactions, logistics and mail related services. I was pleased to be part and parcel of the Post Office since it taught me a lot about customer service, humanity as well as how to interact with other people. The services at the Post Office trained me to be multi-tusking that requires a lot of attributes.
Pros
salary was enough to have daily meal either that being provided by the company.
Cons
The hours were normal like other businesses.
South African Post Office is a great company to work for. Respect among workers, clients and management makes it a place enjoyable to find one's self in. Salary and benefits are good. There is a big room for growth because of the on going training provided by the company.
Pros
Free safety wear
Cons
Long discussions before agreement is reached on annual salary increases.
I enjoyed working at this company, the people, the salary was great I will go back if given an opportunity to be back at work. I do recommend working there.
Pros
Free gifts
Cons
Flaxable hours
While I do enjoy my job doing what I am employed to do, there is just too much political games, working with people who have progressed through the ranks with no actual passion for the built environment but more for job status and no actual work being done. Coming from the private sector and joining a government parastal I thought it would provide better job security and I would at least be able to get a good pension. Everything takes time and you have to jump through hoops when citing regulation and compliance with it, always looking for the lowest price but expecting all the bells and whistles. No one seems to want to take responsibility or be accountable, but in defence we are governed by the public finance management act and things do take longer. Overall if people are accountable and act with integrity this would be a good company to work for.
Pros
The benefits (for me it's the pension - that's all I get)
Cons
no real work ethic, politics, some unethical practices
I worked at the post office during the strike and really enjoyed and appreciated the experience, it was a contract that did not pay us well but the company it self its a good company.
Pros
Housing allawence
Cons
They take too long to employ people as their permanent employees.empty promises . salary takes time to be increased permanent workers suppress the casuals
Pros
Time backs
Cons
We had to work long hours, I have learn how to be strong and have a good attitude, The management was not that bad even my co- workers .When I get paid
Pros
going home early
Cons
It was nice working there but the salary was too small and it was for only contracts.Sometimes you work on Saturdays only for 4 hours.It has no overtime.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Normal hours.
normal day,learned much experince and good management. my co-worker were very helpful. my hardest part at work was system went offline the whole day. The most enjoyable part is whereby i served all my clients without any discrepancy.
Pros
i brought my own lunch.
Cons
normal working hours (8 hours)
Render customer service be it product or service. Working together with coworkers and other branch offices. Management has shortfall of sight. Fair and reasonable. Peak times Peak times.
Pros
Free refreshments.
Cons
Unnecessary work backlog.
Working at a fast pass Long hours Good Benefits such as 13th cheque and salary increases Proper leave periods Creating you own environment and atmostphere
- Flexi hours - Working in a team - Working with different cultures
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
A bit far for me at the moment, but no complains
End of the month are worst days of the days as you complile Financial report, you have to submit Casual hours to the head office for them to capture and pay the salaries, it is quiet a lot as you really have to be accurate as the casual employees depend on you to get a salary at the end of the month. I have learnt alot of things about myself the abilities i have in me that i did not know about the fact that i can work well under pressure, i am a self starter and the fact that i organize events very well. I am part of the management team and because of my Transport Diploma i form part of the operation planning team for transport section that enables me to explore exactly what an transport operation is all about.I would really say i enjoyed this job when i started it but have realised that i am more of an operation person than admin and i think it is because i am always looking for a challenge. I work well in group and with people, I enjoy interaction and the sharing of Ideas. i do not believe that there is something hard but if there are difficulties it just calls for one to go back to the drawing board and come up with and concur. I enjoy assisting people in with their issues, it brings peace to my heart.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
No new Challenges.
It is an Human Resources office with 60 staff or more, but divided in groups. It is a pleasant work place. Well organized.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Offices move from Pretoria to Centurion - far from home
Very slow in growth. Good colleagues, I've learned how to review documents
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
8 hours a day