South African Post Office

South Africa152 reviews

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,5Pay & Benefits

productive , work under presure, no time waisting

work under presure from start to finish ,no time waisting must be productive,client handeling is most important,handeling personal according to bussines situation ,lunch ,leave ,time off ,etc

Pros

work security

Cons

lack of communication from management

Productive and growth

Nice to work there. Benefits are worth working there. Growth and development is something that you will get. Security and having a culture of safe working environment

Pros

Growth

Cons

Not enough projects

Competitive and fun working environment

It was challenging because you have to finish your task and you find that at school there was no teachers it was bit difficult to deliver books during holidays but great experiences of travelling and knowing other places and different types of cultures

Pros

Free petrol

Great place to work at.

Great place to work at. Good salary. Good work environment. Quiet at times but there's always work to be done or you can assist other departments too.

Be fast but accurate Understanding what you're doing Do not perform any fraudulent activities When there's a shortage in funds, it is your responsibility to pay the money back.

Pros

Benefits when a full time employee

Cons

Short lunches, knocking off late

Learn time management and to work under pressure

It was a fun environment but very strict when it comes to work. You need to be prepared for everything that might come up and avoid making mistakes especially unneccessary mistakes because you pay for it.

Pros

Fun

Cons

It is a company that assist the community with the financial transactions, logistics and mail related services. I was pleased to be part and parcel of the Post Office since it taught me a lot about customer service, humanity as well as how to interact with other people. The services at the Post Office trained me to be multi-tusking that requires a lot of attributes.

Pros

salary was enough to have daily meal either that being provided by the company.

Cons

The hours were normal like other businesses.

Great company for growth and stability.

South African Post Office is a great company to work for. Respect among workers, clients and management makes it a place enjoyable to find one's self in. Salary and benefits are good. There is a big room for growth because of the on going training provided by the company.

Pros

Free safety wear

Cons

Long discussions before agreement is reached on annual salary increases.

Productive and fun

I enjoyed working at this company, the people, the salary was great I will go back if given an opportunity to be back at work. I do recommend working there.

Pros

Free gifts

Cons

Flaxable hours

Too much bureaucratic red tape and political games

While I do enjoy my job doing what I am employed to do, there is just too much political games, working with people who have progressed through the ranks with no actual passion for the built environment but more for job status and no actual work being done. Coming from the private sector and joining a government parastal I thought it would provide better job security and I would at least be able to get a good pension. Everything takes time and you have to jump through hoops when citing regulation and compliance with it, always looking for the lowest price but expecting all the bells and whistles. No one seems to want to take responsibility or be accountable, but in defence we are governed by the public finance management act and things do take longer. Overall if people are accountable and act with integrity this would be a good company to work for.

Pros

The benefits (for me it's the pension - that's all I get)

Cons

no real work ethic, politics, some unethical practices

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at South African Post Office?

Willing to learn,tram leader. Do every thing to the best of my ability

I worked at the post office during the strike and really enjoyed and appreciated the experience, it was a contract that did not pay us well but the company it self its a good company.

Pros

Housing allawence

Good 13th cheque for those who are permanent

They take too long to employ people as their permanent employees.empty promises . salary takes time to be increased permanent workers suppress the casuals

Pros

Time backs

Cons

It was my first job so i enjoyed myself

We had to work long hours, I have learn how to be strong and have a good attitude, The management was not that bad even my co- workers .When I get paid

Pros

going home early

Cons

Working there was nice bt it was just for contract.

It was nice working there but the salary was too small and it was for only contracts.Sometimes you work on Saturdays only for 4 hours.It has no overtime.

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

Normal hours.

i am hard worker and team leader

normal day,learned much experince and good management. my co-worker were very helpful. my hardest part at work was system went offline the whole day. The most enjoyable part is whereby i served all my clients without any discrepancy.

Pros

i brought my own lunch.

Cons

normal working hours (8 hours)

Coordinative and productive.

Render customer service be it product or service. Working together with coworkers and other branch offices. Management has shortfall of sight. Fair and reasonable. Peak times Peak times.

Pros

Free refreshments.

Cons

Unnecessary work backlog.

Excel environment

Working at a fast pass Long hours Good Benefits such as 13th cheque and salary increases Proper leave periods Creating you own environment and atmostphere

Hard working and dedicated

- Flexi hours - Working in a team - Working with different cultures

Pros

Flexi hours

Cons

A bit far for me at the moment, but no complains

Productive day

End of the month are worst days of the days as you complile Financial report, you have to submit Casual hours to the head office for them to capture and pay the salaries, it is quiet a lot as you really have to be accurate as the casual employees depend on you to get a salary at the end of the month. I have learnt alot of things about myself the abilities i have in me that i did not know about the fact that i can work well under pressure, i am a self starter and the fact that i organize events very well. I am part of the management team and because of my Transport Diploma i form part of the operation planning team for transport section that enables me to explore exactly what an transport operation is all about.I would really say i enjoyed this job when i started it but have realised that i am more of an operation person than admin and i think it is because i am always looking for a challenge. I work well in group and with people, I enjoy interaction and the sharing of Ideas. i do not believe that there is something hard but if there are difficulties it just calls for one to go back to the drawing board and come up with and concur. I enjoy assisting people in with their issues, it brings peace to my heart.

Pros

Travelling

Cons

No new Challenges.

Update personnel details and payroll data for payroll run on SAP

It is an Human Resources office with 60 staff or more, but divided in groups. It is a pleasant work place. Well organized.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Offices move from Pretoria to Centurion - far from home

Excellent organisation

A good working environment. you got to know the network and the approval processes. relationships is important.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Long working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Post Office. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,5 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,5 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,5 out of 5 stars for Management
3,6 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • South African Post Office
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?