South African Reserve Bank logo
South African Reserve Bank
4,3 out of 5 stars.

South African Reserve Bank Employee Reviews

4,1Work-Life Balance

I enjoyed working there for my learneraship. It has been the best place i have ever worked actually. Great work culture. Also not as formal as it looks from the outside. I would not mind working there again.

Pros

Onsite lunch

Emplyees vs. Management

The employees of the bank are friendly and there's a generally good culture in the bank. The middle Management team on the otherhand are not very friendly and have drawn an invisible barrier between themselves and the rest of the employees. The "open-door" policy did not exist and when confided in, the particular Manager I reported to would discuss what I had told him in confidence with other employees.

Pros

Shuttle services to Gautrain Station and the subsidised lunches.

Cons

Contractors contracted to work for the bank are treated like total outsiders

Benefits are amazing and the management style can be improved

I enjoy my job a lot as it is not repetitive, I get to work with new content each time. A typical day starts at 7:30 am and ends at 16:00 pm. Thereafter it's the gym, which is on the premises and available for free. The management style can be improved.

Pros

Free lunches and gym

Cons

Formal wear all week

Generous

The reserve Bank is the most organization you can work for whereby you won't regret working for them they look after their employees they got the wellness center, gymnasium and cafeteria they even offer their employees parking

Pros

Free parking

Risk management task

Management of day to day risks. Compilation of risk management registers and risk universe. Compilation of operational risk management assessments. Risk management processes

Okay workplace, management needs improvement

Stringent and strict managers who micromanage the most out of you. Constantly busy, no time to relax, feeling underappreciated the list goes on. I can keep going

Productive and Fun

Nice to work in Central Bank with good ethics and follow timely deadlines as first priority.. Environment is good by collaborating with each other .

great empoyee relationships

everybody worked well together.friendly staff and management.everybody shown the necessary respect for one another.we worked together not just as a team but as a family.all problems concerning the work and fellow staff get sorted out immediately.

Great company to work for.

Great benefits and job security. Opportunities to learn locally and internationally. Good brand. Exposure to economic matters irrespective of the field of work.

Great employer

Secured company to work for, they value their employees. They have valuable benefits that each employee needs as a person. It’s employees are the best assets

Jobs at South African Reserve Bank

See more jobs

Very good overall benefits including medical aid

A great place to work for, great benefits, job security. fun workplace is terms of different team building activity, Christmas lunches, open days with family if you're into that kind of thing.

Pros

canteen with a variety of meals also Wiesenhof on site

Cons

career development does not work for everyone

Best Employer

SARB is one of the best employers in the country. The employees have a lot of benefits that no company can match. Sadly I had to leave because I was not growing in my career

Review of SARB

a Very good place to work for. The Salary and perks for employees are above average. There are unlimited opportunity for employees to study further for free.

Good employer

Integrity, able to further my studies, able to move from one department to another to learn more skills. They also develop their employees for leaders position

team orientated and goal driven

Everybody comes together to meet the reserve bank vision and mission in a very collaborative manner. The vision and mission are clearly outlined at the beginning of the year.

productive fun place to learn, grow and relaxed

I got the opportunity to do my WILP program there and meet everyone on a lively mood, I have learnt so much especially from a bank that people think doesn't have engineering departments. it's culture and environment is amazing, there is room for growth.

growth opportunities

there are limited opportunities for growth to junior stuff within the Bank and they only offered promotions to senior employees.they do offer best internal training opportunities and short courses.

Challenging but rewarding

Good place to work, many fringe benefits. Dynamic and opportunistic learning in this organisation as there is a large cultural and demographic divide in the bank

A dream place to work for

Very professional and friendly environment to work at.frienfly staff.open for learning and empowering oneself.lots and lots of opportunities for growth

Pros

Lunch club and fully equiped gym.fairoff dsys

Productive and fun workplace

I provided IT support to Executive management and that taught me how to deal with top management. I enjoyed working there because i was always on my toes and learned new things everyday thus broadening my experience and knowledge.

Records

I'm learning a lot everyday. It makes me fall more in love with the financial world.The work environment is very good and you get to learner more.You just have to be willing to learner.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at South African Reserve Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,3