South32

South32 Employee Reviews

South Africa15 reviews
4,0
Working at south32 was very nice and enjoying the work every day thank you south32. the manager of South was good to us every day he always smiling and understanding
5,0
South32 is a excellent company to be part off , throughout my experience i have been part of inclusivity and care strategy. We belief in employee recognition.
3,0
It is a high pressure culture and job. Very long hours required. I have learned new systems such as SAP and Success Factors. This is a GBS environment.
Pros
Learning new payroll system
Cons
Really long hours
Fun Days.
Learning more about SARS

The Management is very helpful.

The people are a lot of fun.

Hardest part is that it get tedious.

I love working on SAP.
Pros
The best Cafeteria servings at affordable prices.
Cons
No cons.
3,0
South32 is a very productive and great place to work.
A typical day would start by me having a safety meeting at 6am with my team and aligning the team about the days targets and give feedback on any concerns raised previous meeting/s.

Workplace culture is very good as we promote a culture of togetherness.

Hardest part will always be working with people that are older than you, but you have to give them instructions and let them know its not disrespect but its part of your job as a supervisor.
Pros
Bonus incentive
Cons
Less time to spend with my family
3,0
● End to ends HR administration for all employees and contractors in line with business payroll rules, including Enterprise Agreements, individual Contracts, Employment legislation relating to taxation, fringe benefits, pensions etc.
Pros
fourth night fridays off
Cons
Pressure
5,0
Fun and well managed crew and professional management to work with for each and every safe and productive day at work.................................
1,0
I declare that all the above information is true according to my knowledge ,l am a humble person ,positive attitude who is willing to work and learn any kind of job.
Pros
free lunche
Cons
long hours 15 min
5,0
The typical day at work is when, I work on a machine that is on a deadline. the machine is needed for production and I have to work long hours.
I have learn to work safe every time and do risk assessment.

The management is very good and supportive.

The culture is work as a team always to avoid injuries.

The job becomes difficult when I don't have all the spares required to do my job.

I enjoy working as a team so we can archive our goal which is getting the machine fixed and ready for production.
Pros
Braai and Production Bonus if we do good on production.
Cons
I do work Long hours but its paid.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at South32?
5,0
I have a mixed of good and bad days at work as a supervisor on shift with your team no one knows what's going to break or fail, some shifts go well whereby we as at team concentrate on improvements, spares, SAP, training; etc and on the so called bad days we are busy sorting out the breakdowns in the various plants that's under my control, if the breakdown requires contractors to rig/weld/fabricate, I go ahead and arrange the resources, spares and create a plan to follow until completion to the task.

Enjoyable and challenging when your experience is put to the test when carrying out fault finding, working safely and speedily to get the plant back into production.

With all said the hard part is to monitor each activity with each minute spent and a total report is drawn up and submitted and end of each shift with hourly reporting on the progress, sometime challenging when you are busy in-between multiple breakdowns but at the end of it all the work gets done,
Pros
four day shift cahnged to the family roster
Cons
working shifts
5,0
I learned a lot working at south32 .The employees are always eager to teach you what you don't understand.Management is always there if you have a problem and they help in anyway they can
5,0
They care too much about safety of their employees.the management treat people with care and respect. The employees also care,trust and do the job to their excellence
Pros
Food parcels are subsided
Cons
Normal working hours
5,0
The company, South32, is a productive and fun workplace that allows for diversity and is open to employee ideas. The job is challenging, which allows you to learn and grow your skills.
4,0
I have enjoyed working for South32 and I have started working for this company on 2005 as graduate engineer. I was fortunate to be moved from all departments relating to mining to gain as much experience as possible. I have been to planning, production and projects. I have acquired a lot of experience and skill in most of these.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Being the only woman in most of the departments
4,0
Challenging condition on day to day basis with positive outcomes, very good learning school, positive co-workers, Safety and Health top priority