Southern Oil

Southern Oil Employee Reviews

South Africa8 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Productive and fun workplace

SOILL thrives on Teamplayers and employees that works well independantly as well as in a group. Good communication skills, both ways. Work hard and play hard. Family vibe in Departments, no annemosity between workers. Safety is a strong must,as it is a factory environment with trucks going in and out.

Pros

Employees are stakeholders, Receives divident pay-outs, Hour lunch, About 5 to 10 minutes from your home.

Cons

Not applicable

Lab trainee

A great working experience for students to get them ready for real life situations. Great working environment in the laboratory with great supervision.

Excellent company to work for, great forward thinking company.

• Report to Commercial Director continuously on market activity, promotion grid updates, negotiate with Regional Buyer (Corporate Retail Outlets), promotional and cycle pricing. • Implement forward production forecasting as per the promotional grid. • Managing Sales & Merchandising agents to implement forward share, marketing strategies and promotional grid to increase market share as per KPI’s. • Travel to regions to audit distribution agent’s warehousing - conform to company standards. • Daily monitoring/tracking of sales vs budget. • Monthly meetings to monitor key performance indicators to ensure that the business achieves financial goals. • Major Wholesalers – Negotiate pricing to sell direct delivery of truckloads, promotional spend versus return on investment, gain competitors' pricing and activities and forward to Head Office. • Major Regional Retail Offices: Negotiate cycle pricing, price increases, promotional pricing, ad spend, services level reports, sales reviews, and new product listings. • Weekly meeting with Distribution Agents: Stock ordering from Head Office related to model stock, future promotions stock planning, issues regarding NDD’s (Noted Delivery Days) vs NOD’s (Noted Order Days), general distribution issues related to damages, customer returns, non-deliveries to minimize customer service level issues. • Monthly stock take. • Daily communication with Head Office – Distribution on delivery issues i.e orders in the system vs scheduled delivery date, damages, shortages and liaise with customers. • Daily communication with sales and merchandising -

Challenging yet rewarding work environment

We strive to show integrity and transparency in all that we do. We accept responsibility for our actions and utilize experience and good judgement to make the correct business decisions. It is not always an easy day but we are honest, even if it hurts. We utilize creativity, imagination and team cooperation to solve unusual problems or take advantage of anticipated opportunities. Embracing everyday challenges with an open mind and an eager team, we do our best and get to go home safely, every day. With a management style that is involving and encouraging to take ownership, there are very little that keep us from being a unified team, and even then, we work around our differences and get the job done. The hardest part of the job is effective communication between departments. Making sure there are no misunderstandings and sending many reports to many individuals makes the day feel extra long. The most enjoyable part is when we see the fruits of our labor, all the effort and sacrifice turned into something tangible that adds so much value to each and everyone's efforts, making everyone's job important and every employee a valued asset to the company.

Pros

weekends off

Cons

supply and demand stresses.

Productive, I enjoyed working at southern oil. It was exciting

I enjoyed to work as team because the company became productive. I have learnt that when you work as a team you help each other, communicate with each other, clarify to other team members when they do not understand something in order to reach a common goal which is productivity of a business. I enjoyed to become a team leader because I have learnt that being a team leader does not mean you should make decisions for others , you make decisions as a team. Management team was amazing, they respect their employees. I worked night shift when there are too many orders. I enjoyed to mix my self with other people. I enjoyed working at southern oil because we were given an opportunity as employees to run the machines, change the parts of the machines.

Pros

Free t -shirts

Cons

Working in holidays

A strong company with a good future

A typical day at Southern Oil would be making coffee and then checking emails to see any reports or issues Resolving the smaller and quicker ones first so the harder ones that consume time will be dealt with also in a timely fashion Fixing printers that wont print, fixing paper jams, order toners and replace toners Setting up new laptops for new staff and programs Get quotations on new products for us to purchase like Laptops, Screens keyboards software etc Remote desktop users on our other locations to assist with issues Help on-site with daily IT related issues

Pros

Flexi time, Standby pay

Cons

To little staff

A fun and Learning Company

When your day starts at this Company you must be full powered..open minded..and focused..I learn alot about the making and loading of oil..I enjoyed the experienced you gained there everyday

Cons

quick changes

productive company

busy day at work is to prevent the plant from stopping. if problem arise I must solve the problem without production coming to stand still

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Southern Oil. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance