2,7 out of 5 stars.
View all SPARK Schools reviews

SPARK Schools Employee Review

Great workplace

Start the day with SPARKs fly (morning assesmbly) then transition to the first class at 8 which runs for an hour and 40 minutesthen a break for 20 minutes. Second class starts at 10 till 11.30 then the next class at 11.30 to 12. Then it is LUNCH TIME for 40 minutes After that I have the class I had before lunch for the next 40 minutes then another 30 minute break. Last class starts at 2 until 3.30pm then it is dismissal where kids are sent home. 4pm it is prep time till 4.30pm. I have learned to be productive and consistent during the course of the long day, the hardest part was to stay focused especially when I just started. The working environment was great,communication has always been amazing.

Pros

2 breaks

4,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
4,0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
5,0 out of 5 stars for Management
5,0 out of 5 stars for Culture

Same role

Change is the only constant

As a developing network of schools, SPARK was constantly changing and adapting while I was there. In some ways this was fun and exciting but in others it was highly frustrating. One thing I can compliment SPARK on was the curriculum, I taught Mathematics and we followed the PRIME textbook.

Pros

Great salary

Cons

long hours, no school counselor.
Same location

Overwhelming workload

Spark schools is a good school. Stressful like any other school, however with this one the main stressful thing is not having time to yourself especially during the week. There are lot of expectations but not time to meet them. You should be at work as early as 7 and knock off as late as 16h00.

Pros

Growth

Cons

No benefits and long working hours
Same location

SPARK Schools

Thrown into the deep end when starting the job at SPARK Schools. Management not friendly. Some management not qualified for their positions. Friendly teachers and facility management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPARK Schools. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance