SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools Employee Review

Productive and Fun Working Place

4,0
13 December 2018
Spark schools in an amazing place to work where you are provided with opportunities to grow, great work culture and lively environment, It is a wonderful place for ambitious people.
2,0
2,0
5,0
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Salary could improve
5,0
28 June 2020
Temporary learnership (Former Employee) - Rosebank, Gauteng
I was very happy to be working there. My co-workers were very informative. I gained alot of experience and skill. It was not stressfull at all for me.
1,0
23 June 2020
Did not have a pleasant experience at Spark. Management do not have open communication with staff. Staff are ALWAYS in the dark. Environement is terrible - and have noticed some Spark schools are container classrooms - looks horrible and not appealing whatsoever. Fees are affordable, but to what end? Spark is fake - but are really good at advertising and hides under a masked education system that does not work. Discipline at schools is attention getting signals - they do not work, and I feel makes the children seem like robots. I do not think this is the way to inspire young children. As a proud South African, I would like to embrace the essence of what makes me a South African - Spark is very neutral and takes on a neutral, somewhat American way of teaching. Teaching hours for children are very long and 7 year olds can't concentrate till 3pm. There is only PE and if kids want to play sport, they have to join a sports club - which is an additional fee to school fees...so is Spark really affordable? The curriculum is faltered - if Spark really wants to impress parents and future teachers, they should have properly qualified curriculum coordinators to create a curriculum worth using, and doesn't change every so often. As a parent myself, I wouldn't enroll my child at Spark because it seems to me that Spark is run more like a business rather than a place of learning.
Pros
Cons
Lengthy learning & teaching hours
10 June 2020
SPARK's curriculum ensures scholars receive quality education. Implementing (way of teaching) the curriculum and expanding on scholars' knowledge is great. SPARK also uses Dovetail learinging program to improve behavior with scholars via self-management. SPARK Teachers learn how to manage behavior using positive narration. Scholars are not humiliated nor scoweld at.

SPARK has a head office where all curriculum, HR, and business decisions are made. This however, makes decision making at school-level challenging. The ability to accept and let go is very important to be able to work at SPARK.

SPARK Teachers and school-level leadership are mostly worn out, tired and behind with work.
Pros
High quality education at affordable price, Personal growth for both scholars and employees, Regular In-house training for employees
Cons
Scholars' academic school day is too long, Too many scholars per class, SPARK does not partake in sports, Teachers have little to no voice, Zero balance between workload and available time