Spinnaker Software

Spinnaker Software Employee Reviews

Spinnaker is still a developing company and it seems to be developing in a positive way. Driven by strong human resources concerns, the culture of the company has adapted well to challenges such as Covid-19. There is work to do and in the software development department you'll work long, tough hours. Mostly fair remuneration and they pay well for top talent. Largely conservative management at the top but starting to recognise and talk about diversity as an important business concept.
Typical day at work would be analysing data to better provide our client with the edge in the retail industry. Communication is key especially in our retail industry, internally to our staff and externally to our client. Constant learning and pro-active thinking provide me with the tools and know how to manage my teams and provide our clients with the best service.
Pros
Open Office, Kitchens, Coffee and recreational area. Able to work remotely
Spinnaker Software is growing exponentially and I don't foresee it to slow down anytime soon. There has been loads of opportunity for growth whereby Spinnaker Software has assisted with training. I have attended external courses with qualified establishments which increases my value overall. There are some long days and nights, however, under the correct management this is compensated for. Spinnaker Software started a work from home project for some areas of the business. (Even before the Covid-19 epidemic) and has their employees best interests when making critical decisions.
Pros
Opportunity for Growth, great family culture, corporate clothing supplied, monthly team building, year end functions, bonuses based on performance of the company, no micro management.
Cons
Fast paced work, overtime every now and then
Spinnaker has a great family-oriented company culture and provides ample opportunities for career growth. They value their employees and firmly believe that their employees are their #1 asset.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Spinnaker Software. I was responsible for the company's procurement and ensuring timely delivery of the requested parts for store installations of till points. I worked under a great leader who had my back, and in turn it heightened my initiative and diligence to perform to the best of my ability. The company overall has grown to more than double and while I was working there, the employees and the work atmosphere were both pleasant as we operated as a team. I was young, yet I grew up fast in this role, because I learnt what it meant to be responsible for your role while working in a team.
Pros
Pleasant working environment
Hard work from the start of the day right through to the end of the day, sometimes missing lunches or working overtime. The people are good and always friendly. The company always wants the best for you, placing you where you can be at your full potential. Just without the pay bonuses you deserve.
Pros
always interesting
Cons
very long hours and limitations to learning curve.