Sportsman's Warehouse

Sportsman's Warehouse Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

We would engage with customers all day.I learned to communicate with different cultures of people.Management was of top quality to benefit the company only.Youthful workplaceThe pay was unfairBeing at work was the most fun part
Pros
Morning meeting
Cons
Underpaid
You must familiarise yourself with sports because the goods that are being sold there are for sports,have a good customer service and good communication skills
Cons
Sportsman warehouse is a great company to work for. My time there has being wanderful and productive. Since starting in 2015 I have grown firm a mere sales assistant to junior management.
Working at sportsman's warehouse was productive, I have learnt to face challenges and adapt to changes easily. I have learned to communicate with people and to I can be creative.
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
morning meeting and EMT training was the most enjoyable moments because we had strategies our day and learn new products ,not knowing the product you selling was the hardest . Good management communication . Healthy workplace culture.
The working culture is not conducive and the treatment from the superiors is not good .The most of the staff needs personal grooming. I wont recommend anyone to apply for a job at sportsmen's Wearhouse
This is retail, it was extremely taxing on mind and body. It requires a lot of energy. The head managers were not so nice and made working there undesirable. However it was good experience for engagement with management and other staff and customers.
a typical day at work on weekdays, one is always busy and always has something to do in terms of merchandising, etc and on weekends are very focused mostly on customers service as it is very busy especially in festive. I have a lot mostly about different product in different departments and how they work or used for. The hardest part of the job is not making the customers and management happy or when you make a mistake by giving the customer wrong information.
Pros
Free lunch at training and the experiential learning
Cons
long hours and hard labour
customer service is a key in this work environment because it can either make or break someone's work spirit, I have learned to deal with customers accordingly and resolve their issues and expectations.
Cons
You get to learn more knowledge about retail products, and have much fun communicating with the managers and have your privacy. The training you under go helps you to develop mentally and physically.
Pros
training sections all stuff have equal right and responsibilities
Cons
work only 8 hours which is good
I have learned more expertialy on my work ethics and providing training to develop staff in connection with product knowledge and the culture in business
Learned how to deal with Client How to convince a Client How to make a customer feel welcomed
Pros
No free Lunch
Cons
Some times i worked over time
Early mnorning we use to have a quizz relating to sports in general other days we excersize, the hard part was when we receive lots of stock in a day and the requirement was that all the styock must be captured,marked and sent to the floor we use to leave late on those days but that has taught me to work even more harder and sometimes taking only 10 minutes lunch. on wednesday we use to play action cricket after work as part of relaxation
i learned how to answer the customer over the phone,to work as team, to be patient, to manage timethe hardest part of the job being shout at by my manager.the most enjoyable part of the job is answering the phone and to associate with the customers.