Sportsman's Warehouse

Sportsman's Warehouse Employee Reviews in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape

This was my first time getting a job, and I started straight after finished writing my final matric exams. It was a good experience, it was difficult at first because you were set with a sales target to reach every day but it taught you to work hard.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Management can be unfair
Sportsmans warehouse is an excellent working place for young sales assistants to learn and build experience. It is well managed and employees enjoy competing.
Pros
Always active
Cons
Too many casual workers
A typical day at Sportsmans Warehouse starts at 8am with a morning meeting where the tasks and goals are set for the day. All employees have daily sales targets that should be met by closing time. I have learnt a lot from working at Sportsmans Warehouse. Skills include working with all types of personalities ( co-workers, management and customers). After every trading month we reflect the good and bad outcomes that we experienced and how we can improve on them and how to prevent them from happening again. The management are the most friendly, well trained and very professional group of people I have ever worked with. They work hard to keep the store up to standard and encourage each employees where they can. The hardest part of my job id dealing with difficult customers and having their demands met in a limited period of time. But these type of situations are always motivate me to work harder and strive to do my best. The most enjoyable part of my job is trying to satisfy every customer I deal with. Whether it is ordering this for them from another store or simply going the extra mile for them by helping carry their purchased items to their vehicles.
Pros
Good exposure to improve communication skills.
Cons
Surveys are a vital aspect of many businesses, and helping carry out the surveys for The Home Market was great. The only drawback would be that were slightly understaffed, and carrying out the surveys within the given time frame did become an issue if all employees weren't pulling their socks.
Cons
Amount of houses needed to cover
Company is very good towards staff, understands and looks after staff. Team is well trained and work as a unit. company invests alot of time and effort to train staff so they are proffesional and has the technical background about the wide range of products they have
Pros
off every second weekend
Cons
Long Hours and demanding industry
Fun environment. no room for progression to management level
  1. Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape