Sportsman's Warehouse

Sportsman's Warehouse Employee Reviews

We would engage with customers all day.I learned to communicate with different cultures of people.Management was of top quality to benefit the company only.Youthful workplaceThe pay was unfairBeing at work was the most fun part
Pros
Morning meeting
Cons
Underpaid
It was great company to work for i learnt a lot with them in-terms of sport related gears and my favourite side of the store was the outdoor department. overall the company was a fun working place with challenges faced and tackled using team work in most cases.
Pros
free lunch on stock takes
Cons
staff attitudes
I would come in settle in and then start my day off with the following; Downloading of Bank statements Confirm of bank accounts Reallocating of customer deposits Processing the daily banking of about 20 stores etc
Pros
off weekends and public holidays
Cons
The job is not easy to do if you don't have retail experience they provide training but it's up to you if you take in or not management can be strick at times but also fun
Pros
U get your two years and hour lunch
Cons
It is a good company one could work for as it pays a reasonable salary and they also have incentives, medical aid and uif. The company you will get to meet new people sometimes well known sports personnel would come in the store and buy from you. Different customers on daily bases and you get to learn new things everyday.
Pros
Sporty, fun
Cons
Over time
• Asset management • Fleet management( license, fines, petrol cards) • Buying/selling of motor vehicles • Creating AAA’s • Payment of local and international travel • Capturing payments on AccPac • Making payments on standard bank Online • Managing telephones (Telkom, huge connect, fastnet, switchIT) • Petty cash (audit trails) • Processing daily journals • General office admin
Pros
exposure
Cons
opportunities
Good place, always motivated to get the job done. Taught me so many things. Could try and get more staff based on the size of the store. Was a pleasure working there
Pros
Motivation
Cons
Stressful
This is retail, it was extremely taxing on mind and body. It requires a lot of energy. The head managers were not so nice and made working there undesirable. However it was good experience for engagement with management and other staff and customers.
a typical day at work on weekdays, one is always busy and always has something to do in terms of merchandising, etc and on weekends are very focused mostly on customers service as it is very busy especially in festive. I have a lot mostly about different product in different departments and how they work or used for. The hardest part of the job is not making the customers and management happy or when you make a mistake by giving the customer wrong information.
Pros
Free lunch at training and the experiential learning
Cons
long hours and hard labour
We go in the morning to have a meeting and then we get to work. The company works on an Incentive basis for the sales Assistants, We have to do merchandising. This is not the Sportmans Warehouse displayed, this one that i worked at is the one is South Africa.
I worked as a cashier on weekends and worked in the December holidays. I came in during thee week to work as a salesperson. The staff were helpful and guided me where necessary.
Like all companies, SWH has it's pros and cons. What stands out about them is that they give all the necessary tools for skills training, growth and development from flexible staff, through to management. And this allows for growth in the company. Throughout the year there are continuous product knowledge training, workshops, leadership and management training, skills training for specific departments and general in depth training in each and every aspect of the store. From cash desk, receiving, customer carex through all departments, running, cycling, swimming, exercise, outdoor, transports, apparel. It's a company that supports it's staff in it's development. The hours may be long, but it's not any worse than other retail companies.
Pros
Discounts, skills training, experience
Cons
It was a great experience learned a lot of things but didn't get the opportunity to become a specialist after training a few candidates all was done was being shuffled
Pros
Poor management
Cons
Long hours without extra money
Sales floor post & assisted with till cash up Daily interaction with customers & staff Daily opening of accounts, Book keeping, Pa announcements , Report - Quality returns decisions (replacements or refunds) Report - Staff roster & payment summary Management, most enjoyable, fun loving & cheerful bunch of people Environment & culture- always busy but warm & welcoming Hardest - Staff rivalry (don't like conflict) Most enjoyed - People & friendly atmosphere
Pros
Information events
Cons
Long hours of work
Each day would bring its own cons and pros but overall was a great learning path in the world of sport and sporting equipment with I genuially enjoyed .
Pros
Outdoor work
Cons
My job at sportsman's warehouse I loved doing as cycling specialist , i always treated my customers as if they were going to buy something expensive and even thou they didn't they were still happy with my services
Hours was long,bit tired but gained experience, learned alot as a cashier. Learned things I did not know in the beginning before I started working for this company.
Pros
Experience Gained
Cons
customer service is a key in this work environment because it can either make or break someone's work spirit, I have learned to deal with customers accordingly and resolve their issues and expectations.
Cons
the workplace culture among the temps was cool but the management messed with the work place environment which led to me leaving and also there was no real place for growth. Lastly the seniors make you do all the work and there's not a thing you can do about it.
Pros
Not much other than the vibe created by others
Cons
lack of interest on the part of management
Sportsmans warehouse is an excellent working place for young sales assistants to learn and build experience. It is well managed and employees enjoy competing.
Pros
Always active
Cons
Too many casual workers
Grateful for all experience gained. working up tp the trial balance has really enhanced my accounting and analytical skills. All payments made are accurately captured and processed .
Cons
Limited Growth