Sportsman's Warehouse

Sportsman's Warehouse Employee Reviews

We would engage with customers all day.I learned to communicate with different cultures of people.Management was of top quality to benefit the company only.Youthful workplaceThe pay was unfairBeing at work was the most fun part
Pros
Morning meeting
Cons
Underpaid
Sportmans Warehouse is filled with Quality of workers who is committed to their jobs and the goals. My job description as a cashier was always being on time and develop skills in knowing certain equipment. I have learned to obey instructions and my work has to be done professional as well as independently and working as a team. The management works well together with the rest of the staff to develop strong employees and they follow up on additional responsibilities.The workplace environment is structured always time and again for some fun ,if there were conflict it would be resolved immediately. The hardest part of working in retail was dealing with difficult customers who sometimes could not understand the process and procedures. The enjoyable part of the job is when your work colleagues turns into family where u excited to go and work and enjoy the working environment having happy people around you having to laugh is joyable.
Pros
Double pay on public holidays, and getting weekly paid
Cons
long hours and having to cash up last
My day at work starts with doing paper work Doing variances Interacting with clients on a regular basis Answering phone calls Management is helpful and polite I've learnt a lot in terms of customer care and services Dealing with different customers Solving internal problems
Pros
Discount
Cons
Always working with different people everyday. Fun and busy environment Friendly Staff Always felt at home.. Constructive management Lots of growth in company
Pros
short hours
Cons
Working weekends
Sportsmans warehouse is a very good place to get groomed and to grow oneself. One thing I have noticed and realized about management there is that they don't know how to deal with their stuff and people in general, while their stuff work long hours and take nonsense from customers they still add to the level of their stress by not appreciating their stuff. And paying peanuts to their stuff, on top of that they make you bend over backwards whenever they want to regardless of your state.
Pros
lunches
Cons
I believe to be the person of professional virtue in all respect due to my educational setbacks. All need is to be in a vibrant environment, workplace
Pros
Product knowledge sales or morning meetings
Cons
Not sure about this
It is easy to balance your personal life and work. The managers are good and easy people to speak to. Learned how to work with people who are older than me.
Learnt a great deal on handling customer queries selling of the products in my department. Working as a casual led to a less stressful work environment due to not having a lot of responsibilities.
Great environment,my co workers were friendly and we had many exciting games at work,we always worked as a team and there were prizes to be won for the employee of the week,I had an amazing time there.The manager was friendly and made us comfortable to discuss whatever issues we faced on the floor.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sportsman's Warehouse?
Awesome retail environment. Very technical sporting equipment for sale, therefore product training was always very interesting. Co-workers warm and inviting, real sence of 'family' and teamwork.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
Retail working hours
Great working enviroment,meet alot of different people each day.overcome customer problems and meet their needs.i have learned alot in the years i have been with this company,from my managers,co workers.The hardest part of my job is actually nothing,if work is known to be done on a deadline there would be no issues.
Cons
I loved working there.Learnt a lot about different sports and equipments.Made lots of friends,became so outspoken and friendly,had a great manager.It was really sad to say goodbye as the store was later closed down.Really miss working there
Pros
Good salary
Cons
A typical day at Sportsmans Warehouse starts at 8am with a morning meeting where the tasks and goals are set for the day. All employees have daily sales targets that should be met by closing time. I have learnt a lot from working at Sportsmans Warehouse. Skills include working with all types of personalities ( co-workers, management and customers). After every trading month we reflect the good and bad outcomes that we experienced and how we can improve on them and how to prevent them from happening again. The management are the most friendly, well trained and very professional group of people I have ever worked with. They work hard to keep the store up to standard and encourage each employees where they can. The hardest part of my job id dealing with difficult customers and having their demands met in a limited period of time. But these type of situations are always motivate me to work harder and strive to do my best. The most enjoyable part of my job is trying to satisfy every customer I deal with. Whether it is ordering this for them from another store or simply going the extra mile for them by helping carry their purchased items to their vehicles.
Pros
Good exposure to improve communication skills.
Cons
I learnt alot at this company ive gained confidence and there were fun team buildings I was the customer care officer , dealing with customer orders, suppliers and other stores was also a cashier and a sales specialist
Pros
experience
Cons
long.hours
As a sales assistant one must be friendly and enjoy working among other people. Here is where I acquired my communication and interpersonal skills as these are essential for any person who aspires to be a sales assistant. Having a neat presentation is also necessary. I used to order new items and plan for the repair of damaged goods.
Pros
Staff specials
Cons
Helping a variety of customers on a day to day basis and retaining customer loyalty. I've learnt that the customer is always right and do everything in my power to make sure the customer is satisfied.
We had long hours and one day off. If you were weekend off you were told that you will work on Saturday from 7am till 2pm. The hardest part was when you had to do a stock count everyday in your department and sometime stock will not balance due to that some items where not recorded on system or the manager has kept it in the off for some reason
Pros
free coffe
Cons
Surveys are a vital aspect of many businesses, and helping carry out the surveys for The Home Market was great. The only drawback would be that were slightly understaffed, and carrying out the surveys within the given time frame did become an issue if all employees weren't pulling their socks.
Cons
Amount of houses needed to cover
The most valuable thing I learned at Sportsmans is time management, it is very important as an individual to know how to management time in order for you to achieve your day to day tasks. Our Managers take part in developing character of each individual and help us reach our full potential. The hardest part about this job is handling different customers, when dealing with customer service you dealing with emotions some customers will take out their frustrations on you but you need to remain calm and deliver excellent service.
Cons
A typical day was hectic, But I actually love to be busy and help Customers. I learn a lot and is very glad that I have the opportunity to work there, the staff was not organized and at first I have to be very strict , but show them that I also can help them to be a better person and do the best for the company. I work well with most of the Management, yet the Manager like to accused the workers and me in front of the customers. The hardest part is the mornings that I must pick up co-workers in the most dangerous places in Kimberley, woman alone where the Police not dare to go alone ! The most enjoyable part - to make my target and the last stock take that shows that the losses was cut in half from the previously years.
Pros
The benefit of a Company vehicle
Cons
Very Long hours
When i went for work experience at Sportsmens Warehouse i was fascinated by the techniques that were taught to me that would result to a successful sale to the customer. The manager was very helpful and interacted well with all the employees including myself. i made sure that i was early to make a good impression and it made it easier for me to adapt in the work place as time went by.My co-workers at the time were friendly and took the necessary steps to teach me. The hardest part was being able to explain the items that were being sold but it wasn't a huge concern since i wasn't mainly there to sell products.The enjoyable part was talking to the customers and putting a smile on thier faces as well as enjoying time with my co-workers.
Pros
fair lunch breaks