ST STITHIANS COLLEGE

ST STITHIANS COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Very productive, friendly, warm, encouraging & team work policy environment. Lots of room for growth and the Management are very motivated & give lots of encouragement. I was encouraged to work in two departments - at the girls college in the afternoons and then during mornings i would work in the procurement division
Pros
Motivational
Cons
Can't think of any
Its so unfortunate when you walk into a school thinking its diverse etc. only to find zero to no empathy from management when chronically ill as well as covert racism within the working environment.
Pros
75% discount for fees
Cons
Company isn't empathetic. HR has the interests of company not staff
The environment is one of excellence and nothing less. We had a great team of colleagues who were always there to assist and support where needed. Our head was also great.
Pros
Learned a lot and never stop developing and learning
Cons
All consuming
Kind and friendly people to work with I was placed to work there during the 2016 matrix examinations. It is a lovely school and very accommodating I wish I could have went to that school
It’s a great organisation to work for. Even though everything is fastpaced, one has to get on with it and flourish. No time to slack behind. I have been enjoying myself to be quite honest.
Coffee! Checking emails, processing reconciliations, resolving queries, applying excel skills. Attending meetings. Working as a team to resolve queries.
Pros
Beautiful Premises, Attractive to parents requiring staff discounts
Cons
Limited Growth Opportunity
St Stithians offers a synergy model of boys’ and girls’ schooling on one campus. Our students experience a holistic and relevant education, grounded in values that reflect our identity as a Methodist School. We educate thinkers, leaders and citizens for today and tomorrow. We seek to be a College of welcome and wonder, of gratitude and service. A typical day at work starts early. We welcome children and spend a productive day with them in class. Afternoons are full of meetings.These are either school related, or for advancing our skills on the every changing educational trends. St Stithians has given me an amazing opportunity to grow and develop as a teacher. The management have facilitated many growth areas for me. We have a positive workplace culture where we work as a team to guide and challenge our students. The hardest part of my job has been the opportunity to reach management level. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great team who assist each other.
Pros
Discounted school fees for children of academic staff
Cons
Many meetings
I love my job! It brings new challenges every day. I work with amazing people who inspire me to be better. I've learned a lot in my time here - l am an on the job learner so have enjoyed that aspect of my job. There is no typical day at work - every day is new - fun, challenging, exciting, frustrating - all rolled into one. Makes life interesting.
Pros
Beautiful surroundings
Cons
St Stithians College is a great school to coach at. There is a lot of team spirit at every derby day for EVERY sport, and the school pride is apparent at every game. The school supports the Staff and coaches, as well as the learners in the best way possible.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ST STITHIANS COLLEGE?
- I teach music from 13-10 to 18-10 Mondays to Thursdays -The school is floadded with 65 years of Hystoric Culture with good management structure -I enjoy my Job and love teaching student musical knowledge and see how they become pianists -the hardest part of my job is traveing 55 kilos on my own expence in extream traffic.
Pros
Safe secury Parking, Hot lunch on order, Cafiterea on campus. Medical clinic on Campus, Accomidation available on request. World know school.
Cons
Slightly Impersonal work enviroment. Creativety slightly restricted.
Expect the unexpected with St Stithians College. The Human Resources Management is being controlled by the school's management. Should the conflict arise between the employer and employee, the latter will definitely not benefit from the outcome of the case.
Pros
Free Financial coaching, workshops and annual medical check ups
Cons
Unpleasant surprises
Very pressurised time schedule of planning the needs for each sport...transport, teas,employing coaches, remuneration, parent communication.Assembly notices,staff liason, etc time skills, management, delegation, planning. Excellent team to work with, emphasizing team work and work ethic. Co workers totally dedicated and supportive Trying to complete the load per day. Stimulation and rewards of work well done.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
Work load impossible to accomplish
Email queries, data capturing, hand out petty cash, reconcile outstanding accounts and do electronic payments via the internet. Helping other staff with their budget enquiries. The accounts department where all very hard working and good at what they do. People I worked with became family and even though there where tough times at year end and auditing, we all got on with it and saw it through.
Pros
More holidays than in corporate enviroment
Cons
Long hours at month end and year end
i normally start coaching at around 2pm on weekdays and 8am on weekendsI have learnt to manage and successfully run my own team, as well as, solve any problems within the teamthe staff are good communicators with us and we know what we have to domy co workers are fellow students who are also studyingthe hardest part of the job is dealing with parents who are unhappy when their child does not make a certain teamthe most enjoyable part of my job is seeing results. this is when you see your coaching has had an influence on children. they have improved and have a smile on their face
7.30 - to bed time - teaching, admin, parents,extramurals, concerts,lesson planning,follow up, reports. Good team work. Hardest part was commmitment, lost my family life, school was my life, loved the children!!!
Pros
school holidays
Cons
very long hours