Standard Bank logo
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Employee Reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Found 2 163 reviews matching the searchSee all 2 337 reviews

Professionalism is key and growth is key

Its fun and relaxed working environment amd has exposure to more leaning and growth, the culture at standard bank is refreshing and you actually look forward to go to work

Benefits

Working from Home changed me

As I would have noted, I have been in the financial industry for around 20 years and IT about 24 years. The opportunities at the bank was incredible, but it is time to spread my wings and live the dream.

Pros

Medical Aid, Pension, working with some of the best in their field and making a true difference to customer Service

Cons

Well, the downsiging and a lot of politics (But part of the corporate structure

Need a full attention and focus as is a dedicated and serious business.Hard work is key and mostly honesty, give best to all clients pays and help in building the name.

Pros

Own

Cons

Normal working hours

Very nice to work for

One of the best companies to work for. If you are serious about growth in your life then once you work here only good things can come of it. Also they have immense benefits in this day and age where people just do not get hired

Pros

Live environment

Cons

Fast paced

Fun workplace

A very healthy and fun environment to work on, Normal working hours , No weekends and holidays, You work at your own pace no pressure as long as you deliver

Pros

Cons

none, normal working hours

Productive and colleboration

Great place to work at and the leadership is professional and takes initiatives.I would totally recommend Standard Bank as an employer.Requires someone who is willing to learn and show up.

Relaxed and fun environment

I always enjoyed working marathons, I scored daily incentives and prizes.Our management were very generous and work well with the employees.We had a very relaxed and fun environment, I`m a team player and like challenges so reaching my daily target was making easy for me to exceed my monthly target, We used to have incentives every Friday where you can be able to work half day, I enjoyed to be a Top performer and received the awards, I worked @ standard bank and dont remember a single day having conflicts with the management or colleagues, I was always enjoyingto be @ work and treat everybody with respect. I was always treating my clients fairly and assisting in every area where possible. I am very good in building a relationship with all client I spoke to and made sure that I Standard Bank is reputation is always taken serious and made clients to trust the Company and feeling safe with their personal information, I made sure that I kept their information safe as we are regulated by POPI and honest in whatever I was doing within the Company.. I made sure that I am reliable and work hard everyday and show my passion for my position that is why I was promoted and became a Senior Sales Consultant after a year employed. I was always assisting the new consultant and setting a good example to my colleagues. I am very consistent person when it comes to target which that is the most hardest part but making effort and working an overtime helped me a lot, I enjoy making money and going out to team buildings every month end motivated as we need to go out and have fun after hard gave -

Pros

daily incentives

Cons

Focus, productive, sales oriented work place

Standard bank is very good company to work for, if it wasn't a retrench or restructure excise I'll still be working for the bank, we had some fun moments for example each branch will have their team building maybe twice or once a year, just to relax and to know other colleagues woutside the working environment. I really miss working with such people and I'm still unemployed looking for a job

Pros

Team building

Cons

Reaching sales targets

I resigned 5 years ago due to very poor management.

I have no comment at this moment. I worked for the bank for over 20 years. Really enjoyed serving my customers as a business manager. As mentioned the management was extremely poor.

Pros

Relationships with my customers

Cons

Poor management.

Excellent working environment

I wish standard Bank would grant me another opportunity to work for them and grow me as their employee.I like their excellent super benefits and treat

Jobs at Standard Bank

See more jobs

productive

Management was well yet slow on tackling our problems and work place was marvelous and the hardest part was probing as to some clients it was not comforting and lastly the enjoyable moment is team work there.

Pros

free rides

Excellent workplace

Very good place to work at.Best upskilling.My previous job working as Consultant provide me with the ideal experience for this position. I developed many of the skills required for this job including answering phones ,responding to emails,processing payments and entering data on multiple computer programs.Processing special pay items which is not processed in the same manner as a regular payroll run.I am a self motivated person who is willing to go above and beyond on any project and to learn valuable skills.My strongest asset is my work ethic and my willingness to step in when needed.I'm not afraid to take a difficult client or do a difficult project as it is the best to teach me the most.Knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures. Manage lifecycle of an employee from end to end.Upskilling different Human Resources Business Partners on the self service portal (ESS)Keeping track of all the queries via team track.Capture and process transactional documents. Maintenance of personal record folders.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Time management

Fast Paced and well structured

The culture was very structured and all employees were held to a standard and consistently educated on required culture. It was definitely fast paced and focussed. There's a lot of consideration for family as well. I loved working for SBSA.

Pros

Easy access to refreshment, care

Cons

Contract renewal or conversion easily overlooked

Productive yet high pressure environment

It was great working at standard Bank, learned a lot about the working space and it group dynamic. specifically chain of command given that we all set in same open plan space and all the boss's boss

Pros

Free access to mental health practitioner, given the high pressure environment.

Cons

High pressure from superiors

Fun place to work

I learnt a lot from working in different departments. Great customer service culture. Diverse staff members and great comeraderie as you move from department to department.

Pros

Free supper, transport home in the evening, presents, trips, health checks

Cons

Late work, short breaks

Customer service

Standard bank culture and policies guides all staff members to behave inside and outside working environment. Hiring strategy is questionable and not consider the qualifications staff members obtained or achieved.

Productive and fun work place

I started at standard bank with no experience but they took me in sent me to a training and I was paid during that time they made me permanent and then later on showed me how to work at enquiries there is growth if you are dedicated to your work and they push those who want to stay behind and their aim is to see everybody in better position than telling

Pros

Free lunches some times

Cons

Flexible hours

Good Place to work but Always restructuring

Was employed at Standard Bank for close to 5 years. Survived 3 restructures / sec 189 processes. Yes the bank needs to move with the times and hence structure changes etc but very little support from the management once you are served with a sec 189 letter. Whilst working for SBSA applied for more than 100 internal vacancies with no success. Very poor career development and upskilling. When there is restructures and you don't have the skills to fit in, its almost like its your fault. Yet as an organisation they did not take the initiative to provide you with the training and skills required for the "jobs of the future"

Pros

Good Remuneration and Benefits

Cons

Restructuring and Uncertainty

Great reputation

Well known loved brand with a great reputation that care about their staff in general. I did find the total staff compliment to be a little bloated and in all the wrong areas. Too many 'Heads of..' and 'Managers'.

Pros

Secure

Cons

Overstaffed

Productive and fun workplace

Good working environment.Excellent amenitiesCarbon friendly offices.Remote working BenefitReward and Recognition to staff who excel in their respective roles

Pros

Gym

Very unfair treatment

This company has a culture of favoritism even if you working hard you will not be recognised if you don't know the right people, it's stressful as they no longer focus on the customers and customer service but are more worried about sales

Pros

Staff rates on loans

Cons

No growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1