Standard Bank

South Africa2 221 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Found 2 221 reviews matching the searchSee all 2 403 reviews

Productive stimulating environments

My six month contract expired and would like to had a more permanent position within the organization. Did salesforce training. Set up meetings. I learned more about account Payable process. Management provided support throughout time in the department.

Stressful most the times.

It provides great exposure to banking Constant changing to system to adapt to technology can be overwhelming most of the times. Adding of more and more duties into a consultants roles to have fewer staff.

Pros

Employee Benefits

Cons

Sales

Stressful, and highly demanding.

Working while on site was some times stressful, but manageable. The moment we started working remotely due to COVID-19, It became very stressful, as more and more was expected from you, turn around times became extremely short, and it not help much if you had IT issues as that would put more pressure on you with regards to managing your workload and time management. It was if one were never doing enough and were made to feel you could and should do more since you working from home, and the company did not trust that you are actually working while at home. Also it didn't help when all systems shut down before expected times.

Amazing

A very good company to work with. Acknowledge their bankers. They can seem very unfriendly in the beginning but once you get used to the culture, you will enjoy the environment.Always hard at branch level.

Amazing workplace

I thoroughly enjoyed my internship and now have very valuable experience under my belt. Amazing office environment with great incentives. Happy staff with a canteen.

Fun work place

Standarbank is a great company to work for. Just that management, I mean your line manager, team leader and HR take things personal and if HR doesn’t like you l-no matter how good you are they can dismiss your for something small. But overall the company is great. They pay well and their packages are excellent.

Unfair Dismissals

Great SalaryPoor management unfair dismissals are a norm especially when restructuring and retrenchment are plannedGreat salary and benefits Job could end at any time

Pros

Competitive salary

Cons

No job security

Stressful, toxic environment

It has drastically changed. It's the opposite of what it used to stand for and practice. More staff members are being diagnosed with anxiety and depression.

Very good place to work, team leaders and managers are really friendly.

Busy but manageable work load, realistic targets and all the necessary tools to help you achieve them. Great place for growth and free training courses.

Management style sucks

The management really suck. Most of them choose the autocratic style and see subordinates just as that and not fellow colleagues. If your manager does not like you, regardless of your performance come performance bonus time (every March) and with your Portfolio Of Evidence they can reward you with whatever percentage they feel like.

Pros

Great company benefits and free counseling sessions

Cons

Management makes it hard to climb the corporate ladder

Best in class work environment, friendly people and productive environment.

Standard Bank has an excellent culture. It is an organization that encourages the employees to thrive and do their best. I will recommend Standard Bank to anyone looking to grow his career and learn from the best professionals in the banking industry.

Supportive

A great company to work for. Very strong support system. Training provided to improve skills. Friendly colleagues and managers. A very generous institution.

It was fun and productive

It was good working at Standard Bank I really enjoyed and if given the opportunity to work there again I would take the opportunity without thinking twice it was really a good working experience

Pros

Yes we would have free lunch

Cons

Never long hours

Competitive and interesting

The work day was always different, new challenges, new thinking, the environment and role meant that every day was interesting. The role involved a lot of travel which long term isn’t sustainable.

Great salary and benefits

Management very professional, you more of a number than a person. Just do your work and go home don't bother making friends or expecting management to show compassion if you have personal issues that you need to deal with.

Pros

Amazing salary and benefits

Cons

Long hours rotational shifts

Beat Company to work for

Best Company to work for exceptional benefits and the salary is not bad compared to competitors its actually very good.The wok culture is also fantastic only downside could be management mistreating their subordinates.

Benefits

Fun and exciting

Loved it, it was great, you learn a lot. Its challenging but worth it. The paygrade is really good. The company has great benefits as well. Its a nice company to work for.

Productive, fun and a competitive place to work in.

Best place to work at. It was competitive yet fun and interesting as you meet different customers from all walks of life. Its imperative to remain objective and unbiased with all your employees and customers. The most enjoyable part was when we reached our monthly targets or no teller differences. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for an upbeat, challenging and competitive place to work at.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Long unpaid hours

Productive and fun workplace

Best 4 years. Great company benefits. Awesome renumeration. Good working and fun balance. Recognition is given. Growth is always encourage. Managers just need to always give other consultants a chance, not promote based on friendship and nepotism.

Productive and alot of pressure

worked 28 years doing debt collections and administration clerical assistance to the Bank and Attorneys. loved working for Standard Bank of South Africa - very supportive of my career.

Productive and fun ...lot of growth

Great company to work for....lots if great benefits. Normal working hours (08:00-16h30)Fun to work for Great benefits and lots of growth.Friendly environment and people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 2 403 reviews