Standard Bank logo
View all Standard Bank reviews

Standard Bank

Standard Bank Employee Review

Banking Corporate Environment

Taking calls from clients. This was during the apartheid era in South Africa. So our day to day consisted of general differences with staff from different back grounds and management but we worked under very civil conditions. I learned how to work with customers and how the card division in the banking system works. As a very young person at the time I enjoyed how us young adults did not really care about these differences and while learning a lot about the job itself I learned more about the fact that we can be friends even if we are from different race/class orientations. I made life long friends.

Pros

Free Gym; affordable canteen; medical aid; pension ext

Cons

Very few promotional prospects as many people are stuck in their positions

3,0Work/Life Balance
4,0Salary/Benefits
4,0Job Security/Advancement
3,0Management
2,0Culture

Same role

Working at standard bank is a comply and complain later environment

The working environment is stressful working 3 weekends a month 6 days a week. They need to change that to 2 working weekends and 2 weekends off. Uplift its staff and allow the staff to grow within. Business registration and support upcoming business

Pros

Love the staff

Cons

Would go back again

Great development phase

A drive of determination was born in this period. Developed great desire to developing myself even further. Was my first job ever and instilled a sting character in me.

Pros

Opportunity to develop

Cons

Not permanent
Same role

It's a great working environment

My experience at Standard bank was a good learning experience and stepping stone I've generated important skills in my time working at this workplace. I've learned what it is being a call centre agent, and working with pressure.

Pros

Incentive

Cons

Long working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1