Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.
Standard Bank Employee Review

Excellent workplace

19 April 2021
Very good place to work at.Best upskilling.My previous job working as Consultant provide me with the ideal experience for this position. I developed many of the skills required for this job including answering phones ,responding to emails,processing payments and entering data on multiple computer programs.Processing special pay items which is not processed in the same manner as a regular payroll run.I am a self motivated person who is willing to go above and beyond on any project and to learn valuable skills.My strongest asset is my work ethic and my willingness to step in when needed.I'm not afraid to take a difficult client or do a difficult project as it is the best to teach me the most.Knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures. Manage lifecycle of an employee from end to end.Upskilling different Human Resources Business Partners on the self service portal (ESS)Keeping track of all the queries via team track.Capture and process transactional documents. Maintenance of personal record folders.
4,0Work/Life Balance
5,0Salary/Benefits
4,0Job Security/Advancement
4,0Management
4,0Culture
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Time management
9 May 2018
Same role
Records Management Consultant (Former Employee) - Johannesburg North, Gauteng
A world of countless opportunities and rewards for hard work. There is exposure to different departments and employee development programmes that are instrumental in moulding the career employee desires.
Pros
Work freedom
Cons
Departmental conflicts
4,0
2 March 2016
Same role
Consultant P3 Management (Current Employee) - Gauteng, Gauteng
I enjoyed the culture at Standard Bank as well as the people I worked with. I learned something new each day which I found stimulating. It is important for me to learn something on a daily basis. There is no micro management as long as you exceeded expectation. Most enjoyable part of my day was to know that I have made a difference and added value to the organisation.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Contractor
10 April 2021
Same location
Program & Project Invoice clerk (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
The culture was very structured and all employees were held to a standard and consistently educated on required culture. It was definitely fast paced and focussed. There's a lot of consideration for family as well. I loved working for SBSA.
Pros
Easy access to refreshment, care
Cons
Contract renewal or conversion easily overlooked