Standard Bank
Standard Bank Employee Review

Fun place to work for

5,0
18 August 2017
A typical day at work, was filled with fun and hard work as well, we were more like a family rather than colleagues. I have learned to work well in teams, I have learned how to deal with all kinds of clients, I have learned to compromise to reach my goals and stats. Management was very strict and expected nothing less than the best from all of us. The work place and culture was filled with "Ubuntu". I would say the hardest part of the job was actually working hard but realising that you do not qualify for incentives, that could either break you or motivate you to push your self to the limit. The most enjoyable part of working there was the fact that we were a family and we built each other and tried to lift each other up so that we can excel as a group and individually.
Pros
incentives
Cons
working over time to meet your daily stats
3,0
23 March 2020
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
The working environment is stressful working 3 weekends a month 6 days a week. They need to change that to 2 working weekends and 2 weekends off. Uplift its staff and allow the staff to grow within. Business registration and support upcoming business
Pros
Love the staff
Cons
Would go back again
5,0
20 September 2019
Call Centre Consultant - Banking (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
A drive of determination was born in this period. Developed great desire to developing myself even further. Was my first job ever and instilled a sting character in me.
Pros
Opportunity to develop
Cons
Not permanent
3,0
23 January 2019
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
My experience at Standard bank was a good learning experience and stepping stone I've generated important skills in my time working at this workplace. I've learned what it is being a call centre agent, and working with pressure.
Pros
Incentive
Cons
Long working hours