Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.
Standard Bank Employee Review

good company to work for, fun people

2,0
29 December 2012
1.a typical day at work: it was one of the busy day around 6th of the month as normal busy at this time, i answered a phone from the customer which was a query, the team leader was not in the department, the customer did not want to leave the message i find my self stuck with him.When i; m from looking for team leader one of the colleague shouted at me I'm not a team leader , i let them work alone and he carry on mourning being disrespecting me.2.I learned that people will always critisise you even doing the best thing.3.Management called the meeting the following they to find both side of the story4.my co-workers were feeling sorry and said this guy is alway rude and disrespectful5.When you dont balance especial huge amount from 2000 upwards worst if its deficit and you don't know where is money!6.when you balance everyday and the customers you help they leaving your counter haapy received good service.
4,0Work/Life Balance
2,0Salary/Benefits
Pros
its entry level for most everyone in the bank
Cons
when you not balancing at the end of the day/surplus/deficit
5,0
11 May 2021
Same role
Teller (Former Employee) - Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
I wish standard Bank would grant me another opportunity to work for them and grow me as their employee.I like their excellent super benefits and treat
3,0
25 January 2021
Same role
teller (Former Employee) - Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
This company has a culture of favoritism even if you working hard you will not be recognised if you don't know the right people, it's stressful as they no longer focus on the customers and customer service but are more worried about sales
Pros
Staff rates on loans
Cons
No growth
5,0
21 March 2020
Same location
Service Manager (Former Employee) - Sandton
Seasoned Service Manager bringing 14 years of Banking experience. Proficient in business practices, standards of operation and customer needs.Empowering leader with passion for developing teams with focus on exceptional service delivery and customer retention.
  1. good company to work for, fun people