Standard Bank
Standard Bank Employee Review

Good Place to work but Always restructuring

1,0
1 February 2021
Was employed at Standard Bank for close to 5 years. Survived 3 restructures / sec 189 processes. Yes the bank needs to move with the times and hence structure changes etc but very little support from the management once you are served with a sec 189 letter. Whilst working for SBSA applied for more than 100 internal vacancies with no success. Very poor career development and upskilling. When there is restructures and you don't have the skills to fit in, its almost like its your fault. Yet as an organisation they did not take the initiative to provide you with the training and skills required for the "jobs of the future"
1,0Work/Life Balance
2,0Salary/Benefits
2,0Job Security/Advancement
2,0Management
2,0Culture
Pros
Good Remuneration and Benefits
Cons
Restructuring and Uncertainty
5,0
17 June 2020
Manager (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
The bonus is GREAT. The pecks are great. The working hours are flexible if you are not client facing, work from home is allowed which is great for work life balance.
Pros
Bonus, reduced interest rates, work life balance is great. Some departments encourage work from home.
Cons
The structure is too layered.
2,0
12 February 2020
Manager (Former Employee) - Cape Town, Western Cape
Started off as an amazing company to work for. In recent years however the bank has lost its culture of caring about its customers and staff. The only thing that matters is making money/ profit at all costs.
1,0
8 October 2019
Manager (Former Employee) - Illovo, Gauteng
I cannot disclose anything but this bank mistreated me, abused me emotionally mentally and put my children's lives in danger. They stick up for top mngt and dont care about junior mngt. There is corruption. All I can say is they nearly killed me and still kill me today
Pros
Cons
Bad mngt
  1. Good Place to work but Always restructuring