Standard Bank logo
4,1 out of 5 stars.
View all Standard Bank reviews

Standard Bank

Standard Bank Employee Review

Great company with some of the most talented people in the industry.

Standard Bank was a fantastic company with some of the most talented people in the financial services sector. The company was superb in nurturing and growing its people and allowed them the freedom to be innovative and instilled a great sense of values and instilled a culture of traditional values. The management was unique in the sense that managers acted a enablers and supporters of all team functions, very effected in bringing out the best in people and allowing everybody in the team to reach their fullest potential. I was taught everything about finance and banking. I was challenged to always "go for it" and to "dive in the deep end".

Pros

Fantastic organisation in people management and relationship building.

Cons

long hours and lack of family time.

Same role

Na

Lots of opportunities Career investments Bonus Maternity leave High budgets-targets Competitive High maintenance of customers Customer service priorities
Same role

Balancing work and personal life.

I feel sometimes it becomes so stressful to a point where you forget about you and you only live as an employee of SBSA, not as an individual. I love the people, they teach young people like us to always strive for success, don't settle, get what you want.
Same location

I resigned 5 years ago due to very poor management.

I have no comment at this moment. I worked for the bank for over 20 years. Really enjoyed serving my customers as a business manager. As mentioned the management was extremely poor.

Pros

Relationships with my customers

Cons

Poor management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1

Based on 2 337 reviews

3,8Work/Life Balance
3,7Salary/Benefits
3,7Job Security/Advancement
3,6Management
3,9Culture
  • Standard Bank
  • Great company with some of the most talented people in the industry.