Standard Bank logo
4,1 out of 5 stars.
View all Standard Bank reviews

Standard Bank

Standard Bank Employee Review

Great job. Environment not so great.

current job allows one to write own cheque which is great. Affords you the privilege to deal with people from all walks of life. So much of learning considering that one deals with a blue collar worker right through to the High net worth. Onen of the lessons is no matter who your client is, they all want to be treated like they were the only one in the book. The hardest part of the job is when ever there is more than one planner sharring the space, there is potential for in-house conflicts.

Pros

Being in a position to nurture the growth of own practice

Cons

When one leave service the institution retains the practice

3,0Work/Life Balance
4,0Salary/Benefits
3,0Job Security/Advancement
2,0Management
5,0Culture

Same role

productive, relaxed and fun workplace

I loved it to come to work, have my diary/duties set out for the day and complete all tasks no worries about left over work and deadlines carried over
Same role

I had a balanced work environment. My line management was restructured and I experienced som bias. Generally speaking it is a good company to work for

I have had good earnings, and achieved and exceeded the benchmarks with some effort, however easily achievable. When there were issues I always created a resolve in order to keep a healthy workspace. As for the company it was great working there. I left due to personal growth reasons.

Pros

Exceptional Earning Potential for hardworkers, Flexible Hours

Cons

Long Hours.
Same location

Working from Home changed me

As I would have noted, I have been in the financial industry for around 20 years and IT about 24 years. The opportunities at the bank was incredible, but it is time to spread my wings and live the dream.

Pros

Medical Aid, Pension, working with some of the best in their field and making a true difference to customer Service

Cons

Well, the downsiging and a lot of politics (But part of the corporate structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1

Based on 2 335 reviews

3,8Work/Life Balance
3,7Salary/Benefits
3,7Job Security/Advancement
3,6Management
3,9Culture
  • Standard Bank
  • Great job. Environment not so great.