Standard Bank logo
Standard Bank
View all Standard Bank reviews

Standard Bank

Standard Bank Employee Review

Great place to work, innovative and constantly empowering its employees

The bonus is GREAT. The pecks are great. The working hours are flexible if you are not client facing, work from home is allowed which is great for work life balance.

Pros

Bonus, reduced interest rates, work life balance is great. Some departments encourage work from home.

Cons

The structure is too layered.

Same role

Good Place to work but Always restructuring

Was employed at Standard Bank for close to 5 years. Survived 3 restructures / sec 189 processes. Yes the bank needs to move with the times and hence structure changes etc but very little support from the management once you are served with a sec 189 letter. Whilst working for SBSA applied for more than 100 internal vacancies with no success. Very poor career development and upskilling. When there is restructures and you don't have the skills to fit in, its almost like its your fault. Yet as an organisation they did not take the initiative to provide you with the training and skills required for the "jobs of the future"

Pros

Good Remuneration and Benefits

Cons

Restructuring and Uncertainty
Same role

N/a

Started off as an amazing company to work for. In recent years however the bank has lost its culture of caring about its customers and staff. The only thing that matters is making money/ profit at all costs.
Same location

Fast-paced but fun workplace

I temped at Standard Bank for two years through Cozens Casuals. They hired me for my previous banking/forex experience, even though I had worked for Barclays Bank like ages before. They gave me one week training on the system as they believed my solid work background in forex/accounts at reinsurance put me in a position to quickly learn the system. They were right - not only because of my effort to learn quickly, but because they also have excellent trainers/training. I would recommend the banking industry to any person who is a college-leaver with no experience as it is the best place to start your career and gain invaluable career experience. They also have fantastic intern opportunities for those still studying.

Pros

Fantastic free training

Cons

Long hours depending on the department; not the best salaries in the world

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Standard Bank
  • Great place to work, innovative and constantly empowering its employees