Standard Bank
Standard Bank Employee Review

Great reputation

4,0
26 January 2021
Well known loved brand with a great reputation that care about their staff in general. I did find the total staff compliment to be a little bloated and in all the wrong areas. Too many 'Heads of..' and 'Managers'.
4,0Work/Life Balance
3,0Salary/Benefits
4,0Job Security/Advancement
3,0Management
2,0Culture
Pros
Secure
Cons
Overstaffed
3,0
24 September 2019
Same role
Head: Financial Crime Compliance for Africa Region (Current Employee) - Rosebank, Gauteng
Lots of interpersonal interaction possibilities with good travel opportunities throughout Africa if you service the Africa entities through the CIB, PBB, Wealth or Corporate Functions Business lines
5,0
26 February 2019
Head of Finance (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
I managed a large team of finance professionals where I was on the Cash Shared Services EXCO, responsible for budgets, reporting and finance in general. I had to work with very high profile stakeholders, which was the hardest and also the most rewarding part of my time at Standard Bank.
4,0
4 May 2017
Head of card credit finance (Current Employee) - Rosebank, Johannesburg
A company that has a great culture of fostering its people and putting the customer first. I have learnt a great deal about the financial services industry in the years working here. Management encourages growth and development of its employees through exposure and training.