Standard Bank logo
View all Standard Bank reviews

Standard Bank

Standard Bank Employee Review

Non

The company is great.. but management on the higher level suck. Leaders are results driven not people. I've learnt a lot but all that no longer applies. Cause of the leadership style

Pros

Pension and medical aid

Cons

Unscheduled Long hours

2,0Work/Life Balance
2,0Salary/Benefits
1,0Job Security/Advancement
1,0Management
1,0Culture

Same role

Very unorganized and wavering leadership

During thirty years of loyal service the time has come to leave. The uncertain and whim driven leadership at Director level is killing a once proud and efficient organisation. From the highs of being a market and service leader in the 90's to becoming a struggling and wavering entity is troubling. A culture of work life balance is only words and disperses as soon as it is challenged or attempted to be placed into practice.
Same role

It’s a good company to work for.

Seasoned Service Manager bringing 14 years of Banking experience. Proficient in business practices, standards of operation and customer needs.Empowering leader with passion for developing teams with focus on exceptional service delivery and customer retention.

Working from Home changed me

As I would have noted, I have been in the financial industry for around 20 years and IT about 24 years. The opportunities at the bank was incredible, but it is time to spread my wings and live the dream.

Pros

Medical Aid, Pension, working with some of the best in their field and making a true difference to customer Service

Cons

Well, the downsiging and a lot of politics (But part of the corporate structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1