Standard Bank logo
View all Standard Bank reviews

Standard Bank

Standard Bank Employee Review

Perfect career start

My day was filled with multiple tasks as I was responsible for administrative duties in the Small street branch of Standard Bank. Here is where I learned everything with regards to working in a global financial powerhouse. I gained so much experience in a multiple departmental office. The most valuable lesson was to build relationships and be fully committed and resourceful. I had the best Admin manager at the branch and have never had such a supportive and motivating manager since. One regret is that I was not afforded the opportunity to remain at the Small street branch to fulfil me career aspirations. What a great team. We worked like a well oiled machine and it was a great environment to commence my career and grow as a person and be part of something much greater than myself. The hardest part of the job was to multitask as the admin duties was extensive but I saw it as a challenge and I flourished. I truly enjoyed the team and will never forget the social events we had, from top management down.

Pros

Exposure in a world class financial institution with great opportunities

Cons

Never achieved my full potential in the company due to transfer to Rustenburg

4,0Work/Life Balance
3,0Salary/Benefits
4,0Job Security/Advancement
4,0Management
4,0Culture

Same role

na

Long Hours Lots of learning opportunities Management is fair Work place culture is very diverse but open to all cultures Hardest part is the hours because doors close early but still finish late
Same role

Productive and customer focused environment but with fun and passion.Teamwork and motivation.Always keeping up to date with technology and innovation.

Customer focused and be the company ambassador during work hours and after.It was fun and production was also priority. Customer retention and satisfaction.

Pros

Regular training and keeping updated with technology and innovation

Cons

Risks associated with cash in transit
Same location

Working from Home changed me

As I would have noted, I have been in the financial industry for around 20 years and IT about 24 years. The opportunities at the bank was incredible, but it is time to spread my wings and live the dream.

Pros

Medical Aid, Pension, working with some of the best in their field and making a true difference to customer Service

Cons

Well, the downsiging and a lot of politics (But part of the corporate structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1