Standard Bank logo
View all Standard Bank reviews

Standard Bank

Standard Bank Employee Review

productive financial institution

Standard bank is a very innovative financial institution that are sales driven and moving customers forward. My work is very important to me as I am the assistant to the Planner that looks after all the Admin of Clients Investments before the appointment and thereafter.

Pros

off saturdays

Cons

flexi hours

5,0Work/Life Balance
3,0Salary/Benefits
5,0Job Security/Advancement
4,0Management
5,0Culture

Same role

productive, relaxed and fun workplace

I loved it to come to work, have my diary/duties set out for the day and complete all tasks no worries about left over work and deadlines carried over
Same role

I had a balanced work environment. My line management was restructured and I experienced som bias. Generally speaking it is a good company to work for

I have had good earnings, and achieved and exceeded the benchmarks with some effort, however easily achievable. When there were issues I always created a resolve in order to keep a healthy workspace. As for the company it was great working there. I left due to personal growth reasons.

Pros

Exceptional Earning Potential for hardworkers, Flexible Hours

Cons

Long Hours.
Same location

Fellow co-workers very supportive. Great place to meet new friends (which later become almost like family)

Start work at approx 7.45am Check emails from clients. Respond,either via e-mail or telephone, and carry out instructions if any. 9.00am. Bank opens - Attend to walk-in clients. Conduct interviews and explaining different products available according to client's needs, prepare documentation when new account is being opened. Attend to applications for overdraft facilities from clients After bank has closed, open accounts on system. Pro-active calling marketing products on offer, attempting to expand client's banking profile. Leave work at approx 17.45 - 18.00pm Gained a lot of experience attending various courses on offer - People Management, Collateral, Selling Skills, Investments, etc A lot of chopping and changing of branch management in view of pressure situations. Managers just not coping and applying for other jobs with the organisation. Co-workers - the best part of the jobs. Understanding , supportive, team-players. Hardest part of job was attaining (unrealistically) set targets. Unrealistic in the sense that top management sometimes (or so it seemed) would not realise that we are currently experiencing a global recession and putting staff under severe pressure to sell. Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers who you could always depend upon to be supportive.

Pros

At times being spoilt with free lunches, breakfast, ten-pin bowling (as part of teambuilding efforts)

Cons

Long hours (although you are not allowed to record, these as you are scheduled to work a certain of hours per day/week/cycle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1