Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.
Standard Bank Employee Review

5,0
9 August 2018
A typical call centre environment where you need to assist customer's with their accounts (collection), making arrangements and ensuring that they don't not further in arrears. I learnt that communication is key and you need to listen in order to give best outcome that suits both ( company ) and client. The management is not bad but would do with some improvement. The workplace culture is more of a team player, which was fun and brought positive results. Helping and holding each other accountable was what drove us to perform more and pull each other up and I enjoyed it. The hardest part was trying to deal with a difficult client and especially if language is a barrier.
4,0Work/Life Balance
5,0Salary/Benefits
4,0Job Security/Advancement
3,0Management
5,0Culture
Pros
Beyond excellence vouchers
Cons
Working shifts
3,0
23 March 2020
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
The working environment is stressful working 3 weekends a month 6 days a week. They need to change that to 2 working weekends and 2 weekends off. Uplift its staff and allow the staff to grow within. Business registration and support upcoming business
Pros
Love the staff
Cons
Would go back again
5,0
20 September 2019
Call Centre Consultant - Banking (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
A drive of determination was born in this period. Developed great desire to developing myself even further. Was my first job ever and instilled a sting character in me.
Pros
Opportunity to develop
Cons
Not permanent
3,0
23 January 2019
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
My experience at Standard bank was a good learning experience and stepping stone I've generated important skills in my time working at this workplace. I've learned what it is being a call centre agent, and working with pressure.
Pros
Incentive
Cons
Long working hours