Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.
Standard Bank Employee Review

Productivity

3 November 2017
Typical day at work includes calling clients and administration I have learned customer service-dealing with people and handling angry clients It's a nice workplace culture that allows the employees as a team and allows everyone to be themselves Hardest part of the job was to work on holidays because customers are not in the good mood to pick up the phones and discuss their payments. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i counsel the clients and successfully manage to help them catch up with their payments.
3,0Work/Life Balance
2,0Salary/Benefits
1,0Job Security/Advancement
3,0Management
3,0Culture
Pros
Free lunches, year end functions other freebies
Cons
Knocking off late at night
3,0
23 March 2020
Same roleSame location
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
The working environment is stressful working 3 weekends a month 6 days a week. They need to change that to 2 working weekends and 2 weekends off. Uplift its staff and allow the staff to grow within. Business registration and support upcoming business
Pros
Love the staff
Cons
Would go back again
20 September 2019
Same roleSame location
Call Centre Consultant - Banking (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
A drive of determination was born in this period. Developed great desire to developing myself even further. Was my first job ever and instilled a sting character in me.
Pros
Opportunity to develop
Cons
Not permanent
19 April 2021
Same location
Query Management Consultant (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Very good place to work at.Best upskilling.My previous job working as Consultant provide me with the ideal experience for this position. I developed many of the skills required for this job including answering phones ,responding to emails,processing payments and entering data on multiple computer programs.Processing special pay items which is not processed in the same manner as a regular payroll run.I am a self motivated person who is willing to go above and beyond on any project and to learn valuable skills.My strongest asset is my work ethic and my willingness to step in when needed.I'm not afraid to take a difficult client or do a difficult project as it is the best to teach me the most.Knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures. Manage lifecycle of an employee from end to end.Upskilling different Human Resources Business Partners on the self service portal (ESS)Keeping track of all the queries via team track.Capture and process transactional documents. Maintenance of personal record folders.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Time management