Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Employee Reviews

Showing all 2 325 reviews
Management was well yet slow on tackling our problems and work place was marvelous and the hardest part was probing as to some clients it was not comforting and lastly the enjoyable moment is team work there.
Pros
free rides
Cons
Very good place to work at.Best upskilling.My previous job working as Consultant provide me with the ideal experience for this position. I developed many of the skills required for this job including answering phones ,responding to emails,processing payments and entering data on multiple computer programs.Processing special pay items which is not processed in the same manner as a regular payroll run.I am a self motivated person who is willing to go above and beyond on any project and to learn valuable skills.My strongest asset is my work ethic and my willingness to step in when needed.I'm not afraid to take a difficult client or do a difficult project as it is the best to teach me the most.Knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures. Manage lifecycle of an employee from end to end.Upskilling different Human Resources Business Partners on the self service portal (ESS)Keeping track of all the queries via team track.Capture and process transactional documents. Maintenance of personal record folders.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Time management
I had a great 10 years working for Standard Bank, the company has all the required environment to make your work experience great. You however have to take advantage of that yourself and be on guard for those that may make it unpleasant. The company’s value system is also used for rating employees for their annual performance. As long as you are assertive and understand and perform well in your role then you will have a great experience at Standard Bank.
Pros
Great package structure
Cons
Hours can be long but I guess differs by department and job type
The culture was very structured and all employees were held to a standard and consistently educated on required culture. It was definitely fast paced and focussed. There's a lot of consideration for family as well. I loved working for SBSA.
Pros
Easy access to refreshment, care
Cons
Contract renewal or conversion easily overlooked
It was great working at standard Bank, learned a lot about the working space and it group dynamic. specifically chain of command given that we all set in same open plan space and all the boss's boss
Pros
Free access to mental health practitioner, given the high pressure environment.
Cons
High pressure from superiors
I learnt a lot from working in different departments. Great customer service culture. Diverse staff members and great comeraderie as you move from department to department.
Pros
Free supper, transport home in the evening, presents, trips, health checks
Cons
Late work, short breaks
Standard bank culture and policies guides all staff members to behave inside and outside working environment. Hiring strategy is questionable and not consider the qualifications staff members obtained or achieved.
I have gained alot of experience working in collections and also trained in various department. This gives you a background of what are departments do instead of just gaining experience in one specific area.
I started at standard bank with no experience but they took me in sent me to a training and I was paid during that time they made me permanent and then later on showed me how to work at enquiries there is growth if you are dedicated to your work and they push those who want to stay behind and their aim is to see everybody in better position than telling
Pros
Free lunches some times
Cons
Flexible hours
Productive sometimes but hardest part of the job and boring sometimes. Most enjoyable at the end year season. Getting promoted can a times be problem depend on the branch where you are coming from.
Was employed at Standard Bank for close to 5 years. Survived 3 restructures / sec 189 processes. Yes the bank needs to move with the times and hence structure changes etc but very little support from the management once you are served with a sec 189 letter. Whilst working for SBSA applied for more than 100 internal vacancies with no success. Very poor career development and upskilling. When there is restructures and you don't have the skills to fit in, its almost like its your fault. Yet as an organisation they did not take the initiative to provide you with the training and skills required for the "jobs of the future"
Pros
Good Remuneration and Benefits
Cons
Restructuring and Uncertainty
Well known loved brand with a great reputation that care about their staff in general. I did find the total staff compliment to be a little bloated and in all the wrong areas. Too many 'Heads of..' and 'Managers'.
Pros
Secure
Cons
Overstaffed
Good working environment.Excellent amenitiesCarbon friendly offices.Remote working BenefitReward and Recognition to staff who excel in their respective roles
Pros
Gym
Cons
This company has a culture of favoritism even if you working hard you will not be recognised if you don't know the right people, it's stressful as they no longer focus on the customers and customer service but are more worried about sales
Pros
Staff rates on loans
Cons
No growth
The department I was in was not nice to work in. The pressure was sometimes too much to handle. Managers only focused on stats and making the customer happy which ends up resulting in the bankers being neglected.
Pros
A lot of room for growth
Cons
Best experience gained through the years working for the company, the shifts were doable because hours were calculated precisely. The culture we had always made you to wake and go to work.
At standard bank there’s a room for growth as a person in a work environment They never deny a person to learn from other work from different departments and there are many opportunities
Pros
Weekend offs
Management stresses everyone out. Management also covers up for one another. They have now, hired only Management from Outsurance. Haha.. amazing how one can laugh about it now. Actually a pathetic place to work.
Good company to work for.Employees know that they in the best work environment.company is always willing to go the extra mail for employees as well as loyal customers
Pros
Team work
Daily comms meetings ,self discipline and integrity in every interaction with clients ,the culture was relaxed yet professional .The job was not easy as soon as you understand processes and what's required of you .What I enjoyed the most was that everyday experience was different ,no day was the same as the previous one that made the work exciting daily
Pros
great working enviroment
Cons
little growth and long hours
Great experience for me to work with them even though it was only a short period. The management is very reasonable and always willing to assist you when needed.
Pros
Great shifts
  1. Employee Reviews