Standard Bank logo

Standard Bank Employee Reviews in Boksburg, Gauteng

3,8Work-Life Balance

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 2 338 reviews

Over extended employer expectations

Extremely busy, staff cuts created high work expectations that could not be delivered = This placed high strane on personal family life that almost drove me and my family apart.

Cons

Long hours and weekend work

team leader

i am a hard work can work under pressure and also being able to work with a tem of people. it is nice and good company to work for ,putting the employee needs first

Environment friendly

Working at Standard Bank had great perks. The Salary was a bit of a problem especially since after the branch relocated. Regardless, there was so much learned and I will always appreciate the support I received from the company.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

achieved best teller of the month

a typical day at work was when a client came to cash a frodulent cheque , that day i learned not to trust anyone.i managed to see the alteria motives,did all basic cheque and let manager know about it

Pros

free shop vouchers

Pleasant working environment, great atmosphere

I learned a great deal from my time with this company, I learned how to action and compile reports. I Management had a very open door policy and was welcoming of new ideas. Co-workers were friendly and supprotive. The hardest part of the job was having to work weekends while my husband was working away, this took a lot of time from being available to my children. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and meeting new people.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Weekend work which took me away from my children

The team is amazing and fun

Team meeting to prepare for the day, follow up on queries and feedback to customers. Assisting where staff needs assistance. Interact with clients. Respond to and send emails. Answering phone and directing calls. Relief staff for lunches. Checking on staff to ensure procedures are followed, authorizing and releasing transactions. Dealing customer queries and complaints. I have learnt about NCA, FAIS, customers needs are never the same so they should all he assisted to their individual needs and never to judge a book by its cover. The hardest is that we do not have the support from our leaders. My team and the environment I work in is amazing, they are dedicated, loyal and support each other.

Pros

Rewards program, Parties, Awards evening, Staff training

Cons

Hours of work, No support system

Excellent oppertunities

I loved my job at Standard Bank but due to family reasons I could not stay. The management at Boksburg Branch were amazing supportive and they made me felt like I were part of a big family, the Standard bank family.

Pros

experience

Jobs at Standard Bank