Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

Great culture, best company to work for. Lots of staff benefits. The bank provides training to staff so that we always up to date. Bank also pays for our studies they offer bursaries
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
This company has a culture of favoritism even if you working hard you will not be recognised if you don't know the right people, it's stressful as they no longer focus on the customers and customer service but are more worried about sales
Pros
Staff rates on loans
Cons
No growth
I would love to work as a cleaner, cos it is part of me, working in standard bank, who i i am banking for the past twenty five years is a honour, also i am a code 10 driver with valid pdp, i got recently retrenched, i can also assist with any other task given to me, i am happy to start immediately
Standard bank was the best company i have worked for and they paid very well as their hour was R105 and their Managers are so nice and understanding. I worked at the float department and i was only work a straight shift monday to friday
Ive had a great 10 years working experience with lots of knowledge from all the training I've been provided.ive made lifetime friends I now have a big family.
They changed my life completely, I was honored and grateful although you always wish for more money, but had enough to help my family. a good company
Did my training through standard bank and was placed in the Galleria branch. All in all a fast paced job with attention to detail. Pays well with good benefits
It was good to work at standard bank because we was respect each other. And secondly it was grow their customers to the technology of nower days as now we are on fourth revolution.
Good company to work for. Great diversity culture. There's lots of opportunities to grow. The company's values are of great importance. You become what you want and more.
Well organized company that goes an extra mile in equipping the staff in terms of training, social support and a lot more. I feel there are lot of opportunities within the company itself.
I am grateful for the experience i got from standard bank cash centre however there was no growth for us. You work in the same department for more than two year and if you apply for job you dont even get a chance for an interview.
Cons
Good company , well established for more than 150 years..good company to work for and they offer good benefits too. However management skills lack in many areas and there's no transparency .
Standard Bank is one of the best companies to work for.i ENJOYED WORKING THERE.tHERE ARE BENEFITS(eg Medical Aid).There is chance for growth.Standard Bank gave me experience.
Always productive I have learnt how to be proactive and work in teams. Workplace culture is amazing.Most days you look forward to what the following day has in store.
Best experience I've ever had, management pays attention to the extra work you put in, everyone is very helpful, everyone is always willing to make everything a team effort. the culture is lively, fun and motivating. they push you to be the best that you could be and they pay you for any time spent over your hours. beautiful time spent there.
Shifts are difficult when you have a family but the good thing is there are great benefits. Not a great place to get promoted unfortunately as there is a lot of bias.
lovely culture great place to work looks after staff very professional but with an atmosphere of humanity great communication balance great leaders great coworkers
benefits
Cons
sunday work
After working at standard bank for almost three years, i had made a decision to resign. Staff benefits are not as good as people think, management are not qualified to be in their current roles. You miss internal interviews because management are too scared that you will outgrow them. I was sent to various branches to assist because I had a vehicle, however there were others who held the same contract as I did. I was advised to work in that specific branch for only two weeks because nobody else could work, it was gone down to the third week and I was still at the branch that I was sent to, where my car had gotten stolen. Management showed no compassion what so ever. There is far too much gossiping between leaders, leaders gossiping over telephonic calls, I think that the head of standard bank need to listen in on their calls to see what they do all day. It has truly been a horrible experience for me, and I really do hope that nobody goes through what I have been through in this place. I was nothing but an A number. However don't give up guys study hard, pray even harder, people will always want to hurt you and bring you down, but God will always rise above and bring you up. Don't let the enermy defeat you. Standard bank may not pay for your studies, but you have the power to pay for it yourself, so do it and grow wherever you are. To all those that are unhappy working at standard bank, my advise trust in God, do your part and he will do the rest, God never fails. I made a decision to leave even without another job, because of how frustrated I was, how hurt I was, - more...
Pros
None what so ever
Cons
Work over time, they complain to pay, unqualified management, more focus on sales than anything else. I could go on and on...
Joined first in Salisbury, Rhodesia from school. Joined them again in Durban. My husband got a transfer to Welkom in the Free State. I requested and got a transfer to Welkom. Bank of Lisbon opened an office there- I applied and got the job
Good
Cons
my first stable job at Standard bank. a typically work day is making sure all queries were dealt with and up to date. achieving targets and assisting diverse people with their accounts. i have also enjoyed working as a teller. they people that i have worked with were always motivating and ensuring i do the best. The hardest part of being a teller was not balancing at times.
days start as early as 7am due to large volumes of work. management does not communicate with staff most of the times hardest part is leaving work as late as 6pm