Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Very good place to work at.Best upskilling.My previous job working as Consultant provide me with the ideal experience for this position. I developed many of the skills required for this job including answering phones ,responding to emails,processing payments and entering data on multiple computer programs.Processing special pay items which is not processed in the same manner as a regular payroll run.I am a self motivated person who is willing to go above and beyond on any project and to learn valuable skills.My strongest asset is my work ethic and my willingness to step in when needed.I'm not afraid to take a difficult client or do a difficult project as it is the best to teach me the most.Knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures. Manage lifecycle of an employee from end to end.Upskilling different Human Resources Business Partners on the self service portal (ESS)Keeping track of all the queries via team track.Capture and process transactional documents. Maintenance of personal record folders.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Time management
The culture was very structured and all employees were held to a standard and consistently educated on required culture. It was definitely fast paced and focussed. There's a lot of consideration for family as well. I loved working for SBSA.
Pros
Easy access to refreshment, care
Cons
Contract renewal or conversion easily overlooked
Standard bank culture and policies guides all staff members to behave inside and outside working environment. Hiring strategy is questionable and not consider the qualifications staff members obtained or achieved.
The department I was in was not nice to work in. The pressure was sometimes too much to handle. Managers only focused on stats and making the customer happy which ends up resulting in the bankers being neglected.
Pros
A lot of room for growth
Cons
Daily comms meetings ,self discipline and integrity in every interaction with clients ,the culture was relaxed yet professional .The job was not easy as soon as you understand processes and what's required of you .What I enjoyed the most was that everyday experience was different ,no day was the same as the previous one that made the work exciting daily
Pros
great working enviroment
Cons
little growth and long hours
Standard bank is always ready to fund further development of their employees. For both academic and emotional development. It has a sense of belonging
Great place to work just a bit stressful working environment. Employees are team players and do their best to give their best to serve customers and avoid complaints
Pros
Staff rates
Cons
High targets
Work for standard bank has given me the exposure in so many aspects of business and IT. The training provided is extensive and prepares one well for the job
Pros
It’s great growing and learning at Standardbank
Work hard, play hard environment. Awesome people that become your family. Understanding and challanging workspace. All round very good place to start a life long career.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Growth
Cons
No place for lazy people
The company’s values were lived up to and there were growth opportunities where in you were given a chance to draft your Personal Development and a chance to gain experience of the field you want to work in.
Pros
Enough rest days
Cons
Frequent campaigns in a short space of time.
They take care of their staff, the health and safety, building maintenance without compromising on the growth of the company. Lots of growth opportunities and learning that won't cost you a cent.
Great place to work and meet lots of new people. Great culture, plenty of independence. Most enjoyable is the attitude of fellow colleagues and their willingness to help . Management might not be too transparent and willing to assist with ideas. Days are always busy.
Pros
great food shops
Cons
The bonus is GREAT. The pecks are great. The working hours are flexible if you are not client facing, work from home is allowed which is great for work life balance.
Pros
Bonus, reduced interest rates, work life balance is great. Some departments encourage work from home.
Cons
The structure is too layered.
I worked shifts and was always able to maintain my working hours. We only dealt with major incidents and were always supposed to be ready and available for them. my managers and co workers were friendly and we had a good working relationship. Even outside of work we would meet up and still enjoy each others company. Productive and work life balance
Pros
travel
Cons
Shift work
My work experience at standard bank was a combination of empowerment, skills development, team building. I was exposed to learning and given an opportunity to develope my learning in different departments.
nice branch to work in especially with the management that we had easy fast paced position with lots of training and opportunities to grow . overall the company is well managed with lots of opportunities to grow as an individual
Pros
normal
Cons
normal
My time as an employee at SBSA was short but enjoyable. I began as a night shift collections agent in the SBSA Super Block call center in June 2006. After a short period, I was asked to attend the Team Leader training course, after completing the course I was encouraged to then apply for the night shift team leader position and was promoted within a year.
standard bank is a good company to work for the benefits are very good but can be very challenging and can be stressful at times. and the targets can be very steep to achieve
I've learned to work with teams effectively . Accuracy is very important in this type of work. I have also learned time management as customers are mostly at work and want to be assistant effective in time
Its is a fast paced industry that is very productive, the culture is based on productivity and first call resolutions, I really enjoyed working there.
High demand for cloud-based microservices and technology but very little understanding and support when it comes to supporting such an infrastructure. Windows and MAC-based environment with very little if any Linux Desktop support. Development is primarily aimed at Linux cloud solutions.