Standard Bank logo

Standard Bank Employee Reviews in Polokwane, Limpopo

Polokwane, Limpopo21 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 2 336 reviews

Standard Bank is a good company to work for

Amazing work environment and managers. You are all encouraged to work in a collaborative manner. Growth possible and vacancies emailed to staff from time to time when available.

Good ambience, capable managers, great staff

Great place to work at, there's room for growth, managers always encouraging employees to study and have the relevant product knowledge and the ins and outs of business.

Pros

Growth

Cons

Po

work hard earn hard

hard work over a long time is rewarded, so no fly-by rewarding. show you can and Standard Bank will let you soar. learning is constant as legislation changes and digitization of the market

Pros

Financial benefits

Cons

not fixed work hours, some days 7, 5 hrs other days 10hrs

I was productive and willing to work under pressure.

I was earning on commission and the target was very high and it was not achievable cause I was working at rural area. It was difficult for me but I was trying all my level best to achieve my target.

increase the NIR

Team work will make us to be successful. Respect our customers n give them the best service every time will let us to lead the financial institutions. We will be able to raise the bar

Pros

we work for lunch, like campaign

Cons

they also pay overtime

productive and challenging

my day to day work includes dealing with clients, ensuring that clients are always happy and satisfied. making sure queries are resolved with turn around time. ensuring tellers' till are on balance position before they close their tills. I ensure that i balance the books daily and they need to be on balance position. anything outstanding for 2 to 3 days needs to be escalated. My job improved my patient. i am more patient than before because i work daily with clients. I have also learned more about financial industry even though i did Media studies at school. getting a promotion was prove that anything is possible. Our management is the best. they sometimes do mistakes but it is acceptable because they are human. they communicate with us. they are more concerned about the employees. my hardest part of the job is getting massive queries from our top clients. i need t make sure those queries are resolved within 3 days and ensure the client is satisfied. these top client do not send one query at a time but send multiple queries. when they are not happy with feedback i need to make sure i re-investigate and give feedback according to how the client needs it. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the client is happy. even though i am not a customer facing employee, communicating with them online and hearing them appreciating my efforts enlighten my day. Also, my team. we have the craziest team. they are hard working and support each other.

Horrible place to work

Learned how to interact with different people on a daily basis. Workload was too much especially month end. The management had no necessary management qualifications.

Cons

Overtime sometimes not paid

Productive and challenging

Being yourself and aiming for the best. reach your daily target through time management, team work and pro-active. Know your daily work schedule and challenges, to have a crisis where you need help from your senior and they're not available. Knowing your position and doing best.

i always give my utmost when i do my work

I live by the values of Standardbank.Ive learned lot of things from this company and i wanted to build my career within this bank.The main reason why im looking for another job is because i want change.

Stressful and mental exhausting

Highly competitive and target driven. Appraisals are aligned to suit the employer therefore renumeration and increase were minimal. Victimisation were rife if you belong to the union. Redtape in regards to policies and procedures.

Pros

On the job training

Cons

Mentally exhausting

Jobs at Standard Bank

in Polokwane, Limpopo
See more jobs

Fun

Not all the branches but some branches you will enjoy working there, you need to love your job to enjoy it, that's one thing I learned about working for standard bank

Pros

Sometimes

Cons

Most of the time

Worked on a contract basis

It was a good working enviroment the only challenge I got employed through a recruitment agency and it was not permanent, I miss working in a busy and challenging environment.

Pros

Working with different personalities and people of diverse cultural backgrounds.

Cons

Working for limited hours and my skills were not used as far as I feel I can offer

nice working place

standard bank was my first job as a learnership, we had to learn all de departments jobs, it was great experience. The hardest part was having to face queries while you still learn, and no one seeming to want to help.

Sales agent

The culture of multicomplex and working with people on daily basis as the client of the bank has been a very big milestone in my life and career as it has exposed me to various trade and opportunity to understand different cultures and people dynamics. They have taught me about been a team player and been able to work independently with a minimum supervision. selling the bank's product was so good as I have learned to uphold the values and qualities as per institutional code of conduct

Pros

Workshops

Cons

U have to be on your own

Excelent

Excelentrisk assesment module 1-3 standard bank 2000 3 weeks Financial advicory and intermediary seervice act standard bank 2002 3 days Financial intelligency centre act standard bank 2002 3 days Fais 1 & 2 standard bank 2005 6 months Business acumen program standard bank 2006 one month Understanding sme business standard bank 2006 One month

Pros

Customer service

Cons

N/a

I am easy going person who relate well with my co-workers, customers and general public.My day at work include visiting clients & Credit applications.

I am self-motivated and resilient. I am passionate about lending a hand and helping others. I am a fast learner and don’t mind working long hours if necessary.

Pros

Staff rates on Credit/Lending facilities like Home Loans, Vehicles, Personal Loans and Credit Cards ( Prime less 2.5%)

Cons

Job insecurity

It is a fun and good place to work at.

I work with a very fun team and we get on well. A typical day at work is dealin with queries from the the provinces that i am assisting and i have learned a lot of things like iteracting with different kinds of people having patience. i worked in different departments and mostly was customer service which I enjoy very much. I have learned about banking products , different courses that can be offfered to the people that work in the bank. te most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with different stakeholders, customers and fellow team members. the hardest part of the job is working under tight deadlines but its not that often.

Pros

Staff rates on banking products

Cons

Little salary

Exciting and challenging.

You need to be productive everyday.Accuracy and speedTry to lead by example.Friendly and hardworking.Measured by performance and productivity.Chasing targets.

Pros

interact with diversity of people from all walks of life.

Cons

long hours and weekends.

Just nice and very challenging

Pros

i enjoy working with my maneger iv never saw her angry

Cons

i enjoy exra mile cause sometime i ll be things that i dont know.

Just nice and very challenging

Working with people and money is a thing that taught me how to behave ,respect,to deal with diffult matters.the the big problem is working under agent for long time without any changes

Pros

i enjoy working with my maneger iv never saw her angry

Cons

i enjoy exra mile cause sometime i ll be things that i dont know.

productive working place

the company is very productive and fun workplace.Typical day at work- is like controlling of a group of custodians and assist them on priorotising their day to day routine.management- i also assist when it comesto manage our office when my Officer incharge is not available.my co-worker are all team players. we assist one another more oftern when it comes to work which need to be donethe hard part of the job is that we must alway upload the highest level if intergrity as we have to manage risk on the daily basis.the most enjoyable part of the job is that the employee they dont get to relax as we are always busy and eliminates risk every day and we turn to love this part of our job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1