Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Employee Reviews for Business Analyst

Standard bank is always ready to fund further development of their employees. For both academic and emotional development. It has a sense of belonging
Work for standard bank has given me the exposure in so many aspects of business and IT. The training provided is extensive and prepares one well for the job
Pros
It’s great growing and learning at Standardbank
It was okay working here, didn't get the full experience I wanted but it was better than nothing. Wish I had more time to work here but unfortunately that's not happening.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
System queries and ad hoc responses. I have learned self discipline and integrity. The management is proactive there is no one looking over your shoulders as long as you get the job done. The hardest is user queries which need timely response and urgent too whilst most enjoyable is interaction with users.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Extra mile when working
Good Place to live & work with mixed culture of people with strengths and weakness. Great Managers up there where they could be mentors as well and support you.
Pros
New experiences
Cons
A great place to work in with supportive colleagues and the management. The core focus have always been how to automate stuff and save the time for business.
Good place to work and learn. A big and ambitious company with plenty of space to grow. Great for individuals who want to get exposed to big corporate culture and the banking industry.
It was delivery driven environment where everyone manage their on time. Every morning we had stand up meeting that was schedule between 10 -11am since we're using agile methodology. We had recognition program when you have delivered your task in time within budget.
Pros
Flexibility and adoptable culture
Cons
Not permanent with the company
My time employed at Standard Bank shaped me into a hard working individual. Left banking to establish an equestrian farm
Pros
Worked and lived in same area. Banking benefits
I really enjoyed working at Standard Bank. I had the opportunity to be part of a new system and the first in South Africa. It was complex yet interesting, had the opportunity to work closely with the SME and other senior people on the project. ots opportunity for growth and freedom to create and design.
Pros
Open for discussion, allow creativity
Cons
No clear direction
Everyday is different at work, depending on the stage of the project that i will be working on. if its at the beginning of a project, i would set up meetings, workshops and meet with different stakeholders to gather requirements. Have review meetings to review requirements. Document a Business Requirements Document. Send it out for signoffs. Have meetings to gather specifications. Document Specification Requirements Document.Send it out for signoffs. Have meetings with developers, so they can start with delopment. Do CIT testing, Get a report for CIT tesing. Do SIT testing, Get a report for SIT. Do UAT testing. Deploy the project. All that i know i have learned in Standard Bank. Management was very visible in every decision they made that affected us (staff). I and my Co-workers: we have good working relationship, it is not all about work, we try by all means to know each other better. The hardest part of the job: Was having nothing to do, sitting and doing nothing because there is no work. The most enjoyable part of the job: Working on challenging projects. having team buildings and team activities.
Pros
Staff Rates
Cons
Not allowed to work from home
Standard Bank , an awesome company to work for with a culture that includes respect ; hard work
Pros
Benefits ; Medical Aid Pension etc
Cons
Non
The place was fun and corporate too. People took their business seriously and clients were treated with all due respect. My manager was approachable and he was a guy you'd walk to for mentoring and advice, we'd hold parties at free intervals. My co-workers were very polite and they shared all they knew about the job. They groomed me well as an aspiring Business Analyst. Hardest part of my job were clients who were unsure of what they really wanted because you'd spend time and sometimes long hours working on a project which would then be altered just before your presentation. From this though I learnt the art of making time to constantly bounce ideas and meet up with clients to ensure we were on the same page in all stages of the project. Presenting a winning idea to a client, delivering to a client exactly what they wanted and exceeding their expectation of the end-result, giving it to them on time and presenting to them solutions to their problems, wow this was a classic.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No guarantee of being given the opportunity to work there after the internship
Good management Good people culture good Increase and bonuses
Pros
Promotions
Cons
I am happy about everything