Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

A drive of determination was born in this period. Developed great desire to developing myself even further. Was my first job ever and instilled a sting character in me.
Pros
Opportunity to develop
Cons
Not permanent
The working environment is stressful working 3 weekends a month 6 days a week. They need to change that to 2 working weekends and 2 weekends off. Uplift its staff and allow the staff to grow within. Business registration and support upcoming business
Pros
Love the staff
Cons
Would go back again
My experience at Standard bank was a good learning experience and stepping stone I've generated important skills in my time working at this workplace. I've learned what it is being a call centre agent, and working with pressure.
Pros
Incentive
Cons
Long working hours
I enjoyed doing hair and it was fun having to learn to do make up as well. My heart was all into this. However the salary wasn't stable enough for me to plan a future.
Pros
Free hair styles at anytime.
Cons
Long hours especially weekends
You learn something new everyday and meet diferent people every day. There are changes every time and you need to keep at it and always be ready and willing to learn.
A typical call centre environment where you need to assist customer's with their accounts (collection), making arrangements and ensuring that they don't not further in arrears. I learnt that communication is key and you need to listen in order to give best outcome that suits both ( company ) and client. The management is not bad but would do with some improvement. The workplace culture is more of a team player, which was fun and brought positive results. Helping and holding each other accountable was what drove us to perform more and pull each other up and I enjoyed it. The hardest part was trying to deal with a difficult client and especially if language is a barrier.
Pros
Beyond excellence vouchers
Cons
Working shifts
Retrenchment 2010, after world cup the institution did not make break even as anticipated so top management Retrenched, due to cost, team leader, and some top positions.
Pros
Indirect customer service, diversity
Cons
Working at the company was a corporate productive working experience. I have the ability and skills to work as an call centre consultant. I achieved telecommunication skills. Working with customers , the bank puts the customer 1st. Meeting the customer's needs is important.
Pros
Scheduled hours
Cons
Shifts
As a contracted employee in a call centre, I had to learn to focus on my job even when I am not valued. It is a fast paced and high pressure environment and I gained a lot of experience in Customer Service and professionalism.
Sometimes leadership and management are not supportive I was sick and didn't receive support hence I resigned and they were not happy about me being booked off
Pros
Be
Cons
Non supportive
standard bank is one of the biggest banks to work,They are high in customer services and retaining their customers always looking to improve on products and customer experience.
Pros
n/a
Cons
working on weekends
It is a good company to be working for. We get to work with different people and learning all the new cultures also. Management try their best level to help and make the job easier.
Call centre inbound Dealing with clients ( queries, sales) projects Training Admin work Communication skill training Client Service training Emotional Intelligence training
Pros
Staff Performance Rewards
Cons
Not challenging enough
A fun workplace that has a great balance of work as well as fun activities. The management structure works well and all managers are hands on with assisting employees where necessary
Typical day at work includes calling clients and administration I have learned customer service-dealing with people and handling angry clients It's a nice workplace culture that allows the employees as a team and allows everyone to be themselves Hardest part of the job was to work on holidays because customers are not in the good mood to pick up the phones and discuss their payments. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i counsel the clients and successfully manage to help them catch up with their payments.
Pros
Free lunches, year end functions other freebies
Cons
Knocking off late at night
-Typical day is when you come across a difficult client and you need to keep the spirit of the customer is always right and on the other hand follow the correct processes and still manage to keep the client happy. - In so doing I've learned that as an employee you need to understand the needs of your client and relate to their lifestyle and still remain assertive In decision making. -We learn about different cultures and belief and still be able to keep the spirit of Ubuntu in the work place. -Knowing what's right but still have to adhere to the policies that govern us is the most hardest part of the job. -The most enjoyable part of the job is doing what you love doing, assisting my colleques, resolving queries that my client's have within the given SLA, going the extra mile to ensure that my client's needs are met, and being a team-player.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
No recognition
only about work, we worked every Saturday till 2pm however we did have a few events during the year which was really nice and the year end functions were really nice
Pros
events
Cons
A typical day at work would be working hard and making sure that we reach our stats daily and that we go over and above what was required of us. I have learned to work with all types of clients. Management was to the point about what they required. The Work culture was filled with UBUNTU which made working there very different.The hardest part was working on a temp basis. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I had an income as it is very difficult to find work in this day and age.
Pros
working with people that are like family
Cons
working under pressure
A typical day at work, was filled with fun and hard work as well, we were more like a family rather than colleagues. I have learned to work well in teams, I have learned how to deal with all kinds of clients, I have learned to compromise to reach my goals and stats. Management was very strict and expected nothing less than the best from all of us. The work place and culture was filled with "Ubuntu". I would say the hardest part of the job was actually working hard but realising that you do not qualify for incentives, that could either break you or motivate you to push your self to the limit. The most enjoyable part of working there was the fact that we were a family and we built each other and tried to lift each other up so that we can excel as a group and individually.
Pros
incentives
Cons
working over time to meet your daily stats
Here I learnt how to engage with clients over the phone and increase my ability to close deals. The culture within the company is very ensuring and productive.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Long Hours
a well established financial services provider. I learnt a lot about telephone banking and banking products. the company had good career growth and it is well positioned and a key market player
Pros
client fpcused
Cons
temporary position
  1. Call Center Representative