Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

A drive of determination was born in this period. Developed great desire to developing myself even further. Was my first job ever and instilled a sting character in me.
Pros
Opportunity to develop
Cons
Not permanent
working for standard bank is as working at any other company they want the best out of you and they want you to perform at the best of your ability you learn a lot.
Pros
reasonable hours
there was a lot of learning and weekly assessment. there was a lot of team building outings. the hardest part of the job was when systems went offline.
Pros
free lunches and short hours
Cons
management
Taking calls from clients. This was during the apartheid era in South Africa. So our day to day consisted of general differences with staff from different back grounds and management but we worked under very civil conditions. I learned how to work with customers and how the card division in the banking system works. As a very young person at the time I enjoyed how us young adults did not really care about these differences and while learning a lot about the job itself I learned more about the fact that we can be friends even if we are from different race/class orientations. I made life long friends.
Pros
Free Gym; affordable canteen; medical aid; pension ext
Cons
Very few promotional prospects as many people are stuck in their positions
Young lady is currently looking for a job as a call centre,willing to work at randburg,sandton and cbd Johannesburg.I like to work at standard bank because I have a good communication.
- working in a call Center has taught me to work well with others and to manage long working hours staff is very friendly and welcoming - Management such as team leaders need to improve leadership and communication with teams mates to meet with goals and objectives - the hardest part about the job is that there are departments that deal with most requested queries there is lack of sufficient communication between agents and when call volume is high most queries are not resolved on time this creates irate clients. -great part of the job is that we recognized when we work hard and learning new skills.
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
its a nice place to work in with good conduct on its employees were by there is a lot of growth as you upskill to different types of jobs i came with no experience but now i have Vehicle assets and finance , home loans and credit card . The is no hard part in my job the enjoyable part is to take ownership and dealing with customers query with confidents
Cons
Work place was not bad and just the salary was commission based and i would like t have a basic salary and work for commission
Pros
Telesales
Cons
Salary was commission
Standardbank fleet management is a lovely place to work for there is just not enough room for growth and there for I need a new venture in my life so that i can expand my horizon and transform into the woman I'm set out to be
Pros
free lunch on beyond excellence
Cons
long hours and working shifts and weekends hardly see your family . no social life
A new start... new customer service industry where I found my calling that I want to be in Customer service environment, I really liked working here, just that benefits were not sustainable for lifetime..had to adjust to the working hours which I now enjoy anywhere..
Cons
this was my introduction to the real working world, here's my official training started which prepared me to where I a now.
Pros
Experience
Cons
A Place where one feels like they belong, where you can be able to express your ideas especially in the program they had started in the Call Centre of which I was part of. But unfortunately the security of working in that department proved not reliable for employees.
It was good the only problem was that you don't get the chance to be permanent . I wish I was able to be made permanent. I learned to deal with irate and impatient people. I enjoyed the world cup season because we used to get a lot of gifts.
i have a good communication skills as was one of the top collector within the bank while was working there,i am able to focus to a given task to eliminate failure and also i am a good listener and good informer as i was working in the credit card department you have to educate the customers as to how the credi card works
Cons
My duty was calling customers and confirming their details and to confirm a convenient branch where their credit cards can be delivered. Also call customers to inform them that their cards are available for collection at a branch.
well everything was good, I enjoyed every minute that I have spend with Standard bank. I have learned to share the new information with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when there's a missing amount on the customer's account and he/she is waiting for any answer on the spot. Most enjoyable part of the job is to talking to new people everyday and having to deal with new characters. The management was good and took care of us in everyway
Cons
long houra
I worked under pressure and reached my targets every day my day went as quick as a blink off an eye we had culture and team spirit i learned that what you put in you get out hard work,always paid off and i love being a consultant and good at it. my co workers was all team players we worked well together as this is where most off our time is spent. the hardest part off my job dealing with someone else mistake .the most enjoyable part was i had time management and consistency so i made my notes on time and followed up on time i made my job easy i had a system
Pros
work shops and free lunches
Cons
overtime
Work was always busy because it was a call centre enviroment the athmosphere was alway bubbly. I have learnt how to communicate with people and how to be more free The co- workers were very helpful and always friendly Dealing with rude arrogant clients Hearing the satisfaction in the clients voice after receiving help and being thankful for it.
Pros
Job improvement
Cons
dealing with arrogant clients
When one of my managers had to leave the bank. Learned to work as a team and to respect each other also to be productive. Great management with excellent skills such as building the team by leading by example.e,g Time management The hardest part of the Job pay attention to detail to avoid cost Teambuildings brainstomings ideas
Pros
Enjoyed being part of the team
Cons
Service level agreement
no growth, big company that doesn't know I am, nothing that kept me going
Pros
no comments
Cons
24Hrs
I take call from our clients that need help with processing their payments or new users need help with traiing online and i will take them step by step untill they can us the system on their own .To make a payment on a secure invirment and confirm that the payment has beed procesed . Same times it is a technicak problem with the clients computer then i will do the system faulth finding and advice the client
Pros
30 min
Cons
60 min
  1. Call Center Representative