Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

A drive of determination was born in this period. Developed great desire to developing myself even further. Was my first job ever and instilled a sting character in me.
Pros
Opportunity to develop
Cons
Not permanent
It it a nice place to work at, with a supporting team around you ,you get to learn new things everyday.
Typical day at work: challenging,get to learn new things everyday upon customers inquiries which is fun sometimes . What i learned: it will never become better and i will never get to understand or perform good until i learn to love and try to do my best on every work i do.you will work blindly if you do not know or understand what is expected of you Management : puts a lot of pressure on us sometimes,but in a very professional and reasonable manner. i get rewarded for hardwork and good perfomance Co workers: encourages each other everyday,helping each other Hardest part of the job: amendments,changes ,we do not get enough time to adopt to changes .being rated everyday ,,too much expectation from each person Enjoyable part of the job: team building, team meetings,individual coachings.i get exited and encouraged after a good rating of my perfomance
Pros
free lunches
Cons
normal hours
I can now solve problems because I learnt it. Working as a team boost my communication skills. Assisting different people helped me in learning different languages.
A typical day at work is like any other day, Assisting ans servicing customers to the best of my ability. I learned to be patient with the customers. Management is well conducted they always communicate changes to us.
Pros
Cons
Normal Hours
a customer was overseas, he blocked his pin on his credit card in which it can only be reactivated at a standardbank branch,he didnt get much help from other departments and finally got through on my line after he had been transfered from pillar to post. i offered him an emergency replacement card which he was very greatfull,he came back to South africa 3 weeks later and went to the branch to reset his pin. the hardest part about my job is if a customer is stranded needing money and there's nothing u can do to help and the most enjoyable part is the fulfilment of knowing u have made a difference in someone's life by helping them with their cards
Pros
we get 13th cheque and have medical aid
Cons
none that i can think off
Standard Bank was a great expirience I had fun everyday. Standard bank was my first formal banking industry job, I learned a lot and was fortunate to work in different department within Inclusive banking. I had very caring manager and their management style was the best. We were made to feel at home every time. I worked with a very vibrant group of people, who taught me a lot in the process, the culture and caring for other people. The hardest thing was working for a small salary and a contract that ended out of the blue. The most enjoyable part of my job was the culture and client base, I worked with internal client's ore, so I built a very good relationship with all my client's and co-workers.
Pros
Free bar on fridays
Cons
The contract
Working with all the Products across the Bank, Namely: Credit Cards, savings, Current, Home-Loans Accounts, - ---- VAF (Vehicle and Asset Finance),RCP (Revolving Credit Plan) Accounts s
Pros
Free launch
Cons
perfect hours
Get to work deal with customer as efficient and friendly as possible. Learned that different people have different culture's and needed to be treated with respect all the time. learned that different products suit different people. Management was very hands on, except that they did not listen to employees suggestion as employees are the first contact with customers hardest Part of The Job was dealing with irate customer's that did not want to listen to resolution to their problem, and also telling them their application is declined due to National Credit Act Most enjoyable part was being with my collegues as they were very experience in their field, and very easy to talk to.
Pros
employee points for Best service
Cons
Being a Temp staff for over 2 years
I have learned how manage my anger when coming to customers who are irate. Time management, and self esteem
Pros
Team Outing
Cons
Long Hours
My typical day at work is busy, dealing with customers on a daily basis.making decisions for the customers, handling irate customers.
The place had taught me values and the abillilty to work under pressure. The skill of professionalism and the motivation to go beyond the call of duty
Pros
Good management and teamwork and motivation
Cons
Late shifts
It is good working in this company however there is no growth in the specific area, i have a wealth of experience in this area of work gained a lot of experience. I have also been involved in many initiatives by the bank including assistng in many different projects.
This was my first job after high school, i enjoyed everything and everybody, i was always excited about learning a new thing everday, my most enjoyable part of my job was keeping customers happy, the hardest part was going home knowing there was an unhappy customer
Pros
going out together as a team
Cons
Its very busy on a day basis. Management and staff are very friendly. Hardest and stressful time is monthend when customers are calling in most. i have great passion for assisting new agents as i have great understanding of my current position.
Pros
growth
Cons
irate customer
when atm's are offlineto be patient, to listen and to think quicklyto keep quite even when the client is offending youwhen you assist a client that appreciate that you tried to assist even though you didn't solve their query immediately
Pros
to be appreciated by managers
Cons
to be intimidated
a typical day at work was somewhat robotic in the sense that its shift work and very similiar call queries.i learnt ALOT from business ethics to personal growth, to working with people, telephone eticate, time management, empathy from collegues through to customers and i learnt how to cope with stress or being under pressure.my co-workers were fantastic, i did seperate myself from the negative people that fed off of gossip, so my surrounding collegues were lovely, hard working and what i saw they lacked i applied and we guided each other together. leaders: some lead very well and some i felt did not deserve the position, and only problem i facde with there was NO consistancy.i enjoyed it when customers or even staff would compliment my customer service. kept me motivated and i seeked help to improve it and shared amongst my team, what was learnt. so i also enjoyed partking in team activites and responsiblities.
Pros
management recgonition for all call centre agents. and award incentives.
Cons
shift work, including late shift, working public holidays and sundays.
It was a very friendly environment and it was fun and very professional. They knew their businnes and they treated they employees equally regardless of whether they were temp or permanent. They recognised evey job well done by their employees.
Pros
thank you parties and incentives for a job well done
Cons
working extra hour if there is a back log
  1. Call Center Representative